PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mount

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 04:02 AM
the mechanic noticed that the front engine mount felt loose

what i mean to say is that he thinks the bolt size is correct (from memory it says the number 8 on the head so that would be 8mm?) but it feel loose inside the bush (no rude jokes here!)

so he thinks the bush is either incorrect or the sleeve isnt correct inside it

he could wiggle the bolt inside the bush is wat hes saying.

AllBeItMine
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM
the numbers on the head represent how much torque you can put on the bolt before it will shear. so basically their strength - nothign to do with size. 8 is quite a tough bolt.

just tighten them up?

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 11:11 AM
the bolt is tight onto the mountsfrom the engine but when you loosen, the bolt isnt snug inside the bush, its like the bush hole is too big for the bolt

the mechanic said the other mounts were snug but this one isnt.

like a dick in a top-hat was what he said

rude man!

psbarham
10-12-2005, 12:12 PM
it sounds like the metal sleeve has gone walk abouts , get him to have another look and see if the sleeve is still there if it is then see if the bolt fits snuggly in the bracket from the engine , he might have put the wrong bolt in it :inquisiti

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 12:36 PM
no

he has already covered this and the bolt is the correct fitting as its the same size as the others

and there is no missing sleeve

his pit is spotless and nothing there

or the sleeve went walkabout on the previous fitting of the TC and they never bothered to find it or replace it

where do i get a replacement? and how much?

lathiat
19-01-2012, 04:40 PM
thread mine but in case someone runs across this as this caused me confusion too.

turns out this is correct.. what happens is when you torque the bolt up, the sides of the mount holder clamp onto the metal sleeve.. which gives you the holding action.