PDA

View Full Version : UK VR4 For sale

Chandler
11-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Selling my UK VR4, just 3 years old,tiptronic,Vary rare Recaro Interior,Riona red,29,00 miles all history,Completely standard and Standard,with exception of Uprated front Brake discs and Pads as recommend by club.Immaculate, well cared for car, Never used on track.12 Satck CBoot CD system.Divorce settlement means must go,but there again she has,so not all bad!£15,500. Open to offers as long as they sensible./SteeringwC:\Documents and Settings\Neil\My Documents\My Pictures

Kieran
11-12-2005, 11:24 PM
You can't attach images that way - use the manage attachments button and be sure to click 'upload image' when you've found the ones you want to attach. :thumbsup:

TelMel
12-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Any more pic's inside/outside?

Chandler
12-12-2005, 10:04 PM
do some tomorrow and put em up. Neil

Chandler
15-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Here are some more photos

Spirit
16-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Lovely looking car mate, and sorry you have to sell her.

Although 145 people have looked at the thread, not one has mentioned the price. Have to be honest and say I think it's a tad optimistic.

TelMel
16-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Have to agree with Spirit's post. I bought mine 3.5 years old from Mitsubishi Reading with 27k on the clock and paid 12k. I am seriously in the market for a low milage 2001/2, but I really do not think I could stretch to your asking price.

Jimmyb
16-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Lovely looking car, surprised by the colour of the recaros/steering wheel, didn't know they came in that colour, must be one of the last made surely on a 52 plate.

£15.5 seems massive money for it, although it may have a certain rarity value given colour/options etc I dont know whether you'll get all the price.

I could suggest what its worth, but wouldn't want to insult.

Chandler
17-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Lovely looking car mate, and sorry you have to sell her.

Although 145 people have looked at the thread, not one has mentioned the price. Have to be honest and say I think it's a tad optimistic.

Well if someone wants to make me an offer then I will consider it, in the end there are always to valies to anything, what its worth to the seller and what its worth to a buyer.

So offers please lets see how far out we are.

malcolmord123
25-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Well I only have £3000, I'll try again when its another 4-5 years older!!

Chandler
25-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Oh my aching ribs,that was so funny.

Kieran
26-12-2005, 12:27 PM
/Handbag /Handbag /Handbag

Chandler
26-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi Kieran. Do not exactly what your problem is, but I have legitamately put my car genuine car up for sale, if you don't like the price, I am not forcing you to but it, if there is something about the ad you don't like, I am not forcing you to look at it, if thats so try acting like an adult and let me now properley. Please do not waste my time making me read these stupid little mails.

I fail to see what your problem is, but if you are a committee member as your id shows, then it doesn't speak highly for the selection process.

So being that I have a life, and do not need this odd behaviuor, unless I am informed what this is about, and this is a reasonably excuse, I will cancell my membership and ask for my details to be struck off. I will see what the other owners clubs I am a member off think of this stupidity.

psbarham
26-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi Kieran. Do not exactly what your problem is, but I have legitamately put my car genuine car up for sale, if you don't like the price, I am not forcing you to but it, if there is something about the ad you don't like, I am not forcing you to look at it, if thats so try acting like an adult and let me now properley. Please do not waste my time making me read these stupid little mails.

I fail to see what your problem is, but if you are a committee member as your id shows, then it doesn't speak highly for the selection process.

So being that I have a life, and do not need this odd behaviuor, unless I am informed what this is about, and this is a reasonably excuse, I will cancell my membership and ask for my details to be struck off. I will see what the other owners clubs I am a member off think of this stupidity.
WTF why are you having a go at kieren for ??? he was only having a lighthearted laugh at your response to malcoms little joke and you reply with this , well what can only be described as a rant . with an attitude like that i think you would be better off on a bmw forum

Chandler
26-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Sorry mate, but I don't see the point of Malcolms? joke. Trying to sell a car, through an owners club forum, not the comedy store. like a laugh as much if not more than the next bloke-see name id, but if someone you never met, comes to look at your car you been selling for a while, and starts making what he thinks are funny comments, I doubt you would be jumping for joy either, and I dont need someone else then passing judgement on the sitution. Never get involved in other peoples problems or arguments, never works, and you stand the risk of someone having a go at you.

As for BMW owners jibe-owch that does hurt!I mean no offence, but right I have got an attitude,trying to sell a cherished car, that I would like to keep anyway due to a divorce,but look, don't look, buy or don't buy, don't try and be funny and cause a 'windup' unless you ready for a response you don't like.

I wouldn't piss any one about over serious matters like this, its a respect thing.

If this is incompatable with VR4 site then say so, I'm gone. I am/have been member of Scoobie,Evo, Skyline and Jap Performance clubs, never been wound up with this type of behavior before.

Physician
27-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Chandler, at the risk of sounding as if I'm being protective of another committee member, I can assure you that Kieran is one of the nicest, and quite probably the most respected, members of this club.

Kieran goes out of his way to be helpful to anyone who asks assistance and, along with myself and others, will often make little quips here on the forum. It is all taken in a lighthearted and FRIENDLY manner. This is the first time I have ever witnessed anyone take exception, and as you have suggested, it is probably in both your, and our, interest that you do remove yourself as a member as we highly value the friendly manner in which this site is based, and indeed, perceived by numerous non-members.

If you re-read this thread and understand my point of view and apologise to Kieran I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to try and assist you in selling your car at what must be an emotional time for you ..... which IS appreciated - none of us would want to have your present problems.

Take care pal and hope you have a certain degree hapiness over the holiday period.

Richard

Physician
27-12-2005, 01:14 AM
By the way ....... just crossed my mind - have you tried advertising it on PistonHeads. You will get a wide audience there of non-specific car marques.

http://www.pistonheads.com/default1.htm

Wodjno
27-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Chandler, at the risk of sounding as if I'm being protective of another committee member, I can assure you that Kieran is one of the nicest, and quite probably the most respected, members of this club.

Kieran goes out of his way to be helpful to anyone who asks assistance and, along with myself and others, will often make little quips here on the forum. It is all taken in a lighthearted and FRIENDLY manner. This is the first time I have ever witnessed anyone take exception, and as you have suggested, it is probably in both your, and our, interest that you do remove yourself as a member as we highly value the friendly manner in which this site is based, and indeed, perceived by numerous non-members.

If you re-read this thread and understand my point of view and apologise to Kieran I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to try and assist you in selling your car at what must be an emotional time for you ..... which IS appreciated - none of us would want to have your present problems.

Take care pal and hope you have a certain degree hapiness over the holiday period.

Richard

Ditto :thumbsup:

Chandler
27-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks for reply, so far as Kieren concerned no offenec meant, but a good rule to follow is not to get involved with other peoples arguments or problems, coz they will proberley end up turning on you.

Seems to me no one mentioned Malcolm, who's still unexplained and un warrantied attempt at humour has caused thi

After 30+yrs of driving believe VR4 to be best all round car ever.Doing my best to keep it.

But do not want to be somewhere where not wanted or have to put up with the sort of comments that came from Malcolm.Perhaps he aplogise and we all be happy.

So leave it to you richard, I said my bit, you sort out what to done.Thanks for your help

Kieran
27-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Chandler - part of the Committee role is to keep an eye on the forums and make sure that a bit of banter doesn't escalate; yes, sometimes it is better to keep your own counsel, but if people are going to post their problems or argue on here then we will always take steps to deal with it if required. In this particular situation, your initial reply to Malcolm demonstrated that he had touched a nerve with you and so my 'Handbag' post was intended as a light hearted way of preventing any further bad feeling.

You keep mentioning Malcolm as the cause of all this. I personally don't accept that. The way I see it, Malcolm was just making a comment and you jumped down his, and subsequently my throat. If you look at the other 'For Sale' threads you can see that chat about the items is part and parcel. Yes, a lot of idle chatter can be frustrating, but discussion keeps the threads alive and so more people will see it - it's free advertising for you!

One final point I would like to make - You mention that you object to people you've never met making comments about your car...

someone you never met, comes to look at your car you been selling for a while, and starts making what he thinks are funny comments. I doubt you would be jumping for joy either

Equally, I don't appreciate your disparaging comments about me, especially when they appear to be entirely based on a post containing three handbag icons!

KiwiTT
27-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Well said Kieran, Richard.

Chandler, it must be a very trying time for you at the moment. And can really understand it must be a very hard time, to reach that decision.

As you have said, you really like the car, why not, simply get a valuation of it and take the car as part of your settlement. I would, in your situation. The VR-4 is what gets me through the rough patches in my life and will for the forseeable future.

REVILO
30-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi, still for sale ?
where abouts in essex are you ?

Reply to Jabawoki_2000@yahoo.co.uk

stevem
01-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Chandler, Only joined the forum an hour ago so onlu just seen your VR4 4sale.

I'm also in the divorce settlement business I'm afaraid, so know just how you feel-pretty carp eh?

I'm looking for a low mileage manual saloon Ralliart imported-how are you doing with yours now?
Best wishes with the settlement-it all seems so omne-sided to me.
Steve