PDA

View Full Version : VR4 in AutoTrader - anyone looked at it?

gdelargy
14-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi, first post for me.

I'm in the market for a 'weekend car', I'm leaning towards a late-reg VR4; very good value compared to Lancer/Imprezas of similar age and mileage, and much more discreet as well; a wee bit faster in the real world than a Legacy B4 RSK; cheaper than other rivals (Volvo S60R or C70R, Audi S4)...butI suppose I'm preaching to the converted here.

Anyway, I've seen a couple of nice ones so far, but one that caught my eye is for sale on Auto Trader's website:

1999(S) MITSUBISHI GALANT (edit) VR4 2.5 V6 Sport 4dr Auto Saloon (http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT&variant=&keywords=vr4&min_pr=5000&max_pr=6000&mileage=6&agerange=0&postcode=g78+3hy&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH)
64,000 miles
Reg no. S781 BKP
"Mitsubishi service history", but I don't know if this is complete, or just since it was imported to the UK. I also don't know what the import date was.
£5500 ono

Now, the trouble is that it's down in the rough direction of Weston Super Mare, and I'm up in Scotland (nr Glasgow). However, I've noticed previous threads on these forums where dealer cars were familiar to CVR4 members, and I wondered if anyone could help me out in this case. Is it in good nick? Has it been on the forecourt for long? Is there a pool of red fluid under the car, or a dead body in the boot? Stuff like that.

Many thanks in advance,
G

Edited to confirm that this is a VR4 - it's just been mislabelled by the seller in his ad title. Within the body of the ad it states "VR4 imported version, 4WD, twin turbo, mojo (sic) steering wheel"

Kieran
14-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi - Welcome to club VR-4. :thumbsup:

Haven't seen that car myself, but "Full Mitsubishi History" is likely to mean "Full UK only history". To be honest, if it does still have it's Jap service books, then they're of limited use anyway - unless you can read Japanese, you've no idea what it would say anyway!

Search around the forums - there's loads of information on these cars and many FAQs - but if you can't find what you're looking for, just holler and you'll get a quick response! :thumbsup:

Enjoy :happy:

Nick Mann
14-12-2005, 11:59 PM
A V6 sport is not a VR4.

It is the same engine but missing two cams, two turbos and an intercooler. It is the same shape but missing 4WD.

A V6 sport will have been in the UK from new.

Good luck in your continuing search. :thumbsup: Remember to look in the for sale section on this site. /yes

Kieran
15-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Wakey wakey Nick!! /pan

Yeah, it's incorrectly labeled as a V6 Sport, but it is a VR-4. It's got the badge and the twin fogs.

HJM
15-12-2005, 12:08 AM
And 5 studs !

ANTHONY
15-12-2005, 12:16 AM
And rear wiper

Nick Mann
15-12-2005, 10:44 AM
D'Oh!

Sorry!

Put me in the corner with the hat on again!! /dunce

/help

Nick Mann
15-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Now I've woken up and looked, it has the official mitsubishi rear fog light. So it could be UK from new? One of the 'Ralliart' ones? In which case it will have the service book with the pre-delivery check stamp in it.

WildCards
15-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Now I've woken up and looked, it has the official mitsubishi rear fog light. So it could be UK from new? One of the 'Ralliart' ones? In which case it will have the service book with the pre-delivery check stamp in it.

If that's the case it looks a good price to me.

I've blown up the first picture and it appears to have the red steering wheel as seen on the Recaro interior.

Funkstar
15-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Seems a good price to me. And a Mojo steering wheel according to the description /pan

Jimmyb
15-12-2005, 02:23 PM
looks like ralliart to me, has got the right bits.

Not sure about the S plate though, hardly a personal one......