PDA

View Full Version : Paint Colour

pickigar
14-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Does anybody know what paint colour A71 is, my car is silver I was just wondering if it is Hamilton Silver??

Gary

Kieran
14-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Yep! PaintCode A71 is Hamilton Silver.

And INSERT INTO post VALUES (if you need it); an idea of price, curtesy of a recent trip to Mitsubishi Nottingham:D:

P220A71 - Spray Can... £8.69+VAT
P221A71 - Touchup stick... £3.67+VAT

Stonechips, I guess?

pickigar
14-09-2003, 10:27 PM
How could you guess? The bonnet takes a pounding on the motorway!!!

Thanks

Gary

Kieran
14-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Doesn't it just:rolleyes:

If you're motorway bashing a lot, then maybe some of that transparent paint protection film from 3M might help? or maybe some Armourfend? Anybody used these products?

Mind you, stonechips are better than a dreaded Car-Bra.... :scared1:

zedy1
14-09-2003, 11:12 PM
what about rubberised paint

Brind
14-09-2003, 11:53 PM
What about driving backwards?

zedy1
15-09-2003, 12:12 AM
come on mark that wasnt supposed to be a joke, go to your local bodyshop and ask em

Brind
15-09-2003, 12:13 AM
I wasn't joking either.. saves the bonnet getting stone chips doesn't it. :D

zedy1
15-09-2003, 12:18 AM
doesnt help the bumper and boot lid does it :D

miller
15-07-2008, 02:25 PM
i new i had some stone chips but upon an indepth inspection today my bonnet is absolutely covered in them. I cannot get over how bad it is. /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

Im shocked.:speechles :speechles :speechles :speechles I have never had this as bad on any other car, is it due to the 'shark like' angle of the front etc?

Whats the best option barring a bonnet respray :speechles and obviouslt barring a car bra/pan

miller
15-07-2008, 02:26 PM
does the touch up paint become really noticeable with a large quantity of chips?

HMG1K
15-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Doesn't it just:rolleyes:

If you're motorway bashing a lot, then maybe some of that transparent paint protection film from 3M might help? or maybe some Armourfend? Anybody used these products?

Mind you, stonechips are better than a dreaded Car-Bra.... :scared1:

I had a quote for the 3M film earlier this year - and was quite good for our cars.

It was around £500 fully fitted for front bumper, bonnet and front wings. I guess the price being good / bad depends on where you are in the UK and how much a bonnet respray would be).

I didn't go for it in the end, but I remember with certain paint colours (if I remember rightly lighter colours) you can see a slight variation in shade between a panel fitted with 3M and one that isn't. The guy at the time I was getting a phone quote from said it's really only noticable if you knew the film was there.

HMG1K
15-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Im shocked.:speechles :speechles :speechles :speechles I have never had this as bad on any other car, is it due to the 'shark like' angle of the front etc?

Apparently so - I've read used reviews of the shark-nose front face cars and they all state to look for stone chips because of the nose.

GalantOnly
15-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Slightly off topic... Does anyone know what they call colour A69? Is silver too, but only on facelifts and much nicer...

peter thomson
15-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Slightly off topic... Does anyone know what they call colour A69? Is silver too, but only on facelifts and much nicer...

Satellite Silver

MarkSanne
15-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Real sharks always look a bit scarred and chipped after a few years too, so it's quite natural I recon'. Sorry...

I've had my whole front resprayed last week both because of stone chips and some scratches plus the front bumper was repainted in the wrong shade of silver... apparently A71 Hamilton Silver is quite a difficult color to mix and match exactly.

SGHOM
15-07-2008, 09:52 PM
apparently A71 Hamilton Silver is quite a difficult color to mix and match exactly.

It's hot in Japan, & paint fades. you'll never get an exact match. :happy:

ANTHONY
15-07-2008, 10:08 PM
It's hot in Japan, & paint fades. you'll never get an exact match. :happy:also when you get a car sprayed over here ,it go's on alot thicker than the original paint from japan.

MarkSanne
15-07-2008, 10:11 PM
True, but my Galant started it's life as a regular european V6 (now referred to as 'VR2'), so it didn't see Japan for very long, if at all. But you're right of course on the fading. That's why after 3 painting attempts we took the car to the paint-supplier (Standox) who measured the current color of the car... Most close color is... from some currently available Kia! Well I got the exact 'recipe' and indeed it matches incredibly close, only when you know and you really really look in proper conditions it is visible. In short: I'm a happy chap again :)

uploaded/1887/1216156298.jpg

pitslayer
15-07-2008, 10:50 PM
In short: I'm a happy chap again :)

im sure that said "im a short happy chap again /lol...

well it cant be as bad as my front bumper, i first thought it was really caked in flys, then washed it and still looked just as bad, but with a few less flys.
and the bit of missing paint is even bigger now, the only bit of the front end of the car which seems to have primer on is the bottom lip of the bumper and the corners. I know this because i painted them. seems to be none on the bumper not even been keyed.
will have to get a better pic of the bumper its terrible for stone chips, its that bad that when i wash the car, the bumper gets very little in the way of cleaning/lol

MarkSanne
16-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Short :happy: chap... not exactly (I'm just over 2 meters in length and over a 100kg in weight) or did you refer to your own short chap that still makes u happy? /haz

swinks
16-07-2008, 11:19 AM
... is it due to the 'shark like' angle of the front etc?

Yep! It is!
Nice bold shiny paint can last just for 1 yr or so and chips again /Grrr
Wonder how carbon bonnets suits that issue...? :pimp2:

pitslayer
16-07-2008, 01:26 PM
probably wouldnt show up as much, but then your car would look like a taxi :)

miller
16-07-2008, 01:33 PM
just been quoted at £290 for bonnet and wings. time to start saving though knowing these cars its a once a year expenditure grrrrrrr

swinks
16-07-2008, 01:34 PM
With Evo vents not such much...:scholar: