Nick VR4
15-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Whats your hangover cure
Mine is pretty bad actully ......
Have tried most things ie.
big fry up
Raw eggs with milk lots of coffee
Locazade or orange juice

If i dont have to drive anywhere I have another beer and to be honest it works for me :boing4:

BraindG
15-09-2003, 12:10 PM
IRN BRU and fags :) till mid afternoon when my stomach can handle food again

and if no driving, then i have another beer..

Nick VR4
15-09-2003, 12:14 PM
My Girlfriend has Lucazade and Maltesers or wants a huge roast dinner :rolleyes:

Pescha
15-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Well mine is lots and lots of water the next day to flash the ol' liver out! Works a treat!

Then at about 3pm I have wicked munchies!

Cheers,
Pescha!

EdmundVR4
15-09-2003, 08:38 PM
My Friday night "lime" INSERT INTO post VALUES (Trini for hanging out &/or partying, dancing etc) usually starts with beer and then goes on to rum & maybe scotch, quite a mix. So, preventative maintenance is high priority ! Two Aspirin before I go to bed and I wake up fine the next day.
Ed

Brind
15-09-2003, 08:43 PM
I knew you were all alcoholics!! :D
Pehaps we should intergrate this site with this one: http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/ :D

Plenty of water works on me too, saves getting the headaches which are caused by dehydration, dehydration in my case anyway cos all I have to do is just drink half a pint and then I'm visiting the bog after every sip. :rolleyes:

PUDD
15-09-2003, 08:58 PM
:D another can of tennents extra with red bull for meINSERT INTO post VALUES (hair of the dog and all that).
not that i get a hangover when i drink it the nite before.;)

SGHOM
15-09-2003, 08:58 PM
went to a golf presention night recently, at Baldwins Omega restaurant, ordered the only lager they has [ heiniken ] blah.....:nono: p**s water. "£2.80 please sir" !! and a glass of rose wine for the boss...... "£8.80 please sir " WTF ! poorly octopus for a glass of wine !!:Cry1: 8 pints & 16 p***es later, I was still sober as a judge !! believe or believe not ?? I dont get hangovers, I cant drink that much. 6 pints & thats enough...... 7 pints & I loose the ability to speak properly........ 8 pints & I stand in a corner blubering incoherently..... 9 pints & I even the landlord looks attractive !!!..... 10 pints & log in to club VR4.:D :D :D

BraindG
15-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by interlec
10 pints & log in to club VR4.:D :D :D

Why does that sound oh, so familiar?!

SGHOM
15-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
My Girlfriend has Lucazade and Maltesers or wants a huge roast dinner :rolleyes: lucazade & maltesers ???? & morning sickness ????????:D :D

tunes
15-09-2003, 09:37 PM
I don't drink. Best way to avoid hangovers completley!

SGHOM
15-09-2003, 09:48 PM
I wish I didn't drink or smoke. I feel confession time coming up !!!:D we love & cherish our VR4's, & spend what spare cash we have on them, but.... own up, all you smokers & drinkers, just how much do you spend on oasis hits !!! [ cigarettes & alcohol ! ] :beerbang: :nervous: :Ponder: :angel1: :devil1: :bawling: :uhoh: :scared1:

enigma
15-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Hangover???? Whats that?!

BraindG
15-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
Hangover???? Whats that?!

:nono:
simple....
Medically speaking, it's dehydration that's responsible for most of the nasty effects. Alcohol is a diuretic, and speeds up the loss of water from the body - causing parched-mouth thirst, headaches, and that feeling of continual dizziness. Nausea, vomiting, and indigestion are caused by the direct action of alcohol irritating the stomach lining.

A tiring night out - followed by a lack of refreshing dream sleep - means you'll feel fatigued the following morning. This is made worse as your body organs try to sort out the disruption you've caused - which uses up energy, too.

as i said.. simple :D

SGHOM
15-09-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm normally just a small sherry at christmas man myself.:angel1: & just the occasional cigarette.:)

Brind
15-09-2003, 10:27 PM
2 Pints a week if I'm lucky, one on a Friday night... I drive you see. ;)
And one with a good curry on Saturdays nights.

I'm anti smoking with a vengence.

BraindG
15-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Brind

I'm anti smoking with a vengence.

try being addicted to it.. its not a nice feeling

Brind
15-09-2003, 10:34 PM
I don't think I could get addicted to something I didn't like especially something as gross as smoking, of course this is coming from a non smoker and it must be different to those who smoke.

Spirit
17-09-2003, 09:06 AM
I hate being addicted to smoking :Cry1:

Anyhow, my hangover cure is to cut out alcohol for the last hour or so when out and go onto water or coke - then drink a couple of glasses of water before bed.

The wife's is to eat salt and vinegar Chipsticks the next morning ! Works for her :D

Japmetal
18-09-2003, 10:51 PM
I stick to water too; maybe half a pint of millk before I crash out [in bed hopefully] and sleep with a pint of water by the bed; if I wake up thru the night, have a drink, and by the morning [well, usually middle of the afternoon to be fair !] no more water & very little, if any, hangover !

Nick Mann
19-09-2003, 01:38 PM
I know of several different cures - cola, cooked breakfast - one friend swears by a McDonalds!

A cousin going through medical school once told me that if it has salt and energy you are on the right lines.

Maybe you could make up a few different varieties ;)

How about South Park - 'Suck on my chocolate salty balls' :eek:

:D