PDA

View Full Version : facelifted...

MTB
22-12-2005, 10:52 AM
long time no see, folks! :) actually i am not into outlook upgrades but one of our members here have done some serious mods. just for sharing! :thumbsup:

MTB
22-12-2005, 10:54 AM
a closer look at the fender trim... :)

You See
22-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks for sharing...it does look guuuud! :thumbsup:

Wouter
22-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Yup!!

A fine looking motor!! :thumbsup:

MTB
22-12-2005, 11:10 AM
on day 1, his car used to look like this - an ordinary legnum vr-4...

ghanda
22-12-2005, 11:10 AM
A lot of work there! Any more details? Particularly like the wings and mirrors.

Kieran
22-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Hello Mendel - nice to hear from you again! :happy:

Is the HK Galant Club still okay? Done anything with your car recently?

MTB
22-12-2005, 11:27 AM
about the rear wings - he has replaced the "tail" of the early 8g with parts from a facelifted (rear lights + door + bumper) otherwise they wouldnt fit on the body. a lot of modificaiton works required...

he kept the rear spoiler from the early 8g (the rest become spare parts for me :leer: ) took off the facelifted spoiler then bolted it onto early spoiler before putting both back onto the rear door. so it now has the double-layered visual effect like the super vr-4! :thumbsup:

(but then another member simply found a super vr-4 spoiler off the junkyard at about hk$400 or 30 pounds. saves a lot of trouble...)

MTB
22-12-2005, 11:35 AM
thank Kieran!!! :) :) :)

not many i would say... :leer:

for the past two months i have installed the custom-made front lower arm bar, the rear chrome strip (with the legnum lettering) from a super vr-4 and legalis evolution-r mid-to-tail exhaust, among other minor upgrades like a sunglasses pouch (from spacewagon), rear wiper kit (from honda stream, yeah, a *brand-crossover*), full wooden panels (im not into carbon fibre...) and the colour-keyed rear licence plate decal...

not many i would say... :leer:

MTB
22-12-2005, 11:40 AM
and about the mirrors - this is entirely d.i.y. not sure if i remember correctly but the signal lights were from a lexus ls400. the rest was just cutting, pasting, sealing, wiring and connecting! /yes

ghanda
22-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Love to see some pictures - the sunglasses holder and Wiper in particular: I've been experimenting with everything from Ford Sunglasses Holders to Skoda rear wipers! :)

MTB
22-12-2005, 11:42 AM
no problem! let me grab some photos of my ride tonite! :thumbsup:

Quail
22-12-2005, 03:53 PM
In my eyes, that car is perfect. Im in love

MTB
22-12-2005, 07:13 PM
the first photo was taken right after i installed the chrome 'legnum' strip from super vr-4. the rear wiper is still the genuine 'skeleton'-type... :) the next one was taken tonite (pardon the filth, no time to do some proper cleaning lately...) with the new wiper on. now more stylish and 'european'-feel, right? :happy:

MTB
22-12-2005, 07:16 PM
the first photo was without the rear licence plate decal and the second one already had it installed. :) the chrome strip looks nice from a distance, is it not?

MTB
22-12-2005, 07:23 PM
the sunglasses holder was taken off a spacewagon. it fits perfectly into the void right above the driver's head. even the colour matches the beige interior! /yes

MTB
22-12-2005, 07:25 PM
and... haha... entirely irrelevant, introducing three of the many permanent passengers on my ride - ralli-teddy, snufkin and mr tein! :joker:

ghanda
22-12-2005, 08:32 PM
LOL at Mr Tein. Liking the mods - I knew there'd be a Mitsi with a Sunglasses holder - guess who's off to the dealer in the morning.

Funny - I have a chrome strip across the back of mine too - but with no writing on it.

The Wiper was off a Honda Stream? ANy issues with the bolt/thread?

I love little 'OEM' mods :)

Slimshady
22-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Don't you chaps have the sunglass holder under your stereo?

I would attach a photo but the manage attachments button is not working for some reason

bradc
22-12-2005, 10:47 PM
I like the dual exhausts, I've got a similar setup on my facelift wagon, but mine are in the stock exhaust cut-outs. I absolutely love the fenders, how did you do those, and are they actually working, or just fake?

Also, how did you cut the holes in the bumper just above the intercooler, did you have a molding? Have you done any engine work?

Great looking car mate!

pezza
23-12-2005, 02:57 AM
Nice lil touches and mods on your car Mendel...

Looks good! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind that facelift backend on my pre facelift..but that looks like a lot of work to me!! /help :rolleyes4

MTB
23-12-2005, 03:26 AM
LOL at Mr Tein. Liking the mods - I knew there'd be a Mitsi with a Sunglasses holder - guess who's off to the dealer in the morning.

Funny - I have a chrome strip across the back of mine too - but with no writing on it.

The Wiper was off a Honda Stream? ANy issues with the bolt/thread?

I love little 'OEM' mods :)

:uhoh: ive heard about that being a standard/factory-option for european legnums but over here its like a dream-come-true for us legnum owners. so when one of the two genuine legnum super vr4s (of a non-member, a tricksy gangsta, *happy* ending... :leer: ) got totalled, we were literally fighting over the 'remains' at the junkyard. :P

the bolt size is identical. so its just an off-and-on task. the length of the blade is slightly shorter though... other members are planning to try rear wiper from bmw x5 / volvo v70 (unsure which one) for the bent shape. personally i like it straight... /haz

MTB
23-12-2005, 03:30 AM
Don't you chaps have the sunglass holder under your stereo?

I would attach a photo but the manage attachments button is not working for some reason

yes indeed, and thats where i put the mini-torch... /lol

MTB
23-12-2005, 04:06 AM
I like the dual exhausts, I've got a similar setup on my facelift wagon, but mine are in the stock exhaust cut-outs. I absolutely love the fenders, how did you do those, and are they actually working, or just fake?

Also, how did you cut the holes in the bumper just above the intercooler, did you have a molding? Have you done any engine work?

Great looking car mate!

the dual exhausts are aftermarket product made by ganador (www.ganador.co.jp) nice look but some torque loss at low rev.

the fender vents are 100% true! whether they serve any purpose is not known yet. the member just have them mod last week. he bought a spare pair of fenders from junkyard. cut them open with electrical saw. then weld a strip of gms at the top and bottom and gms wiring for the front. have the whole fenders repainted. the rest is just an off-and-on task... :happy:

the bumper part is easier than the fenders! the bumper itself is hollow plastic. he made two moudlings of the air vents first, then took down the bumper, cut two holes and glue the vents on with epoxy resin. have the whole bumper repainted and finally put it back on! /yes

i remember he has replaced the turbo pipe with the metallic ones from cusco and (possibly) has installed a blow-off (either blitz or hks). ah yes the custom-made intercooler! but my friend is more into outlook than performance and *I* am quite on the contrary... :leer:

MTB
23-12-2005, 04:11 AM
Nice lil touches and mods on your car Mendel...

Looks good! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind that facelift backend on my pre facelift..but that looks like a lot of work to me!! /help :rolleyes4

yeah thats a hell lot of manhours. actually the facelifted rear door doesnt fit very well on the early body which means quite a lot of cutting and welding. and personally speaking, the facelifted legnum is starting to look like a subaru legacy wagon. my early legnum is imho more unique! /lol

vampirej
23-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Darn... that's nice!!!
MTB, I'll be in HK in Feb, any chance meeting up as I need to get some parts etc...
With that mods, don't you get the police attention and get it "hooked"?? You know what they are like out there!

ANTHONY
23-12-2005, 07:25 PM
very nice i like the holder....off to the breakers to find a spacewagon

BraindG
23-12-2005, 07:40 PM
good work mate, liking the wheel arches, sunglasses case is a nice touch!

MTB
24-12-2005, 04:14 AM
the sunglasses holder was taken from a spacewagon (n84w, unsure if the model number is same in uk). some members over here said its the same thing with those used in a delica space gear (l400 / pd8w / pe8w) :thumbsup:

MTB
24-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Darn... that's nice!!!
MTB, I'll be in HK in Feb, any chance meeting up as I need to get some parts etc...
With that mods, don't you get the police attention and get it "hooked"?? You know what they are like out there!

no problem! when in feb? our club has a regular *night* meeting on the first friday of every month so it would be 3feb06. its always great if members from other galant clubs could join up! in the past weve had visitors from taiwan, singapore, usa and, yes, sweden!!! :thumbsup:

o the police thing is very true, thats why:

1) most of our gatherings are at nighttime. some cars are, er, shy of sunlight... :leer:
2) mobile radios and radar detectors are a must... :leer: :leer:
3) i have to keep my *permanent* passengers at the backseat and a custom-made cd featuring songs from lionel richie, air supply, richard marx, spandau ballet & nat king cole, etc... :leer: :leer: :leer:

MTB
25-12-2005, 08:59 AM
just realized ive mixed up galants and legnums. the honda stream rear wiper will fit galants only (those with rear wiper) cos it comes with with a spray nozzle. for legnums it was from a honda odyssey, a standalone rear wiper.

cheers! :chugchug:

vampirej
25-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I'll be back on the 10th Feb and leaving on the 27th... so looks like I will miss the outing...