PDA

View Full Version : PC problems..

Brind
15-09-2003, 10:53 PM
I wanted to order something from Ebay.

All was going well until I tried to pay with 'paypal' for some reason it just wouldn't respond..
So I tried to login into my paypal account by going directly to paypal.com.. again it didn't respond.

Something reminds of the time I couldn't get onto the MLR site because NTL my ISP had a weird problem but changing the proxy server worked.
The reason why it's similer is because my other pc worked on MLR at the time and again this time the Paypal thing works too.

I can't log on to msn either.

Any ideas people???? or is it time to send this piece o' ****e flying out of the window. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

zedy1
16-09-2003, 12:03 AM
out of window sounds good

BraindG
16-09-2003, 07:08 AM
you should find that the NTL thing has cleared up...
i can log back into msn6 again.. remove those servers you added to the connections tab.. then try again?

Darren
16-09-2003, 11:44 AM
I know NTL were one of the folks blocking SMB ports such as 135 while that whole MS-Blaster worm fraccas was going on. Caused quite a few problems for sites which used it for authentication. MSN 6 being on of them.

Brind
16-09-2003, 08:14 PM
It would have had to pick a window to jump out of today if it played silly buggers again believe me! :mad: getting a right old hump with it last night.

Before checking msn or paypal I turned off that server address after reading replies here and whether that helped or what I dunno but everything is okay now. :)

Well apart from my main 60GB hard drive only having 600mb-ish left and fragmented like hell causing memory problems, my second 80GB drive is full up with no space but organaised fairly well.. and my third drive of 120GB is just half full of crap and fragmented badly. :D
Bought a DVD writer to store stuff but still haven't used it.