PDA

View Full Version : Boost Controller Help Please

mpau009
26-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi all, iv recently bought myself a gizzmo electronic boost controller, but am not quite sure of installing it.

Iv read every thread i can find, and heres where iv got to.

Heres where i am so far:
1) requires a feedback line for the in cabin module, no problem, except there is already a boost gauge plumbed into the line behind the manifold, and the instructions recommend against joining this.
2) the other line iv found that some have used for a gauge install (round the front, under the black plastic intake thing, as far as i can tell this comes to or from the BOV, which the instructions also say is undesirable.

So, is there another line, or does it really matter if i join on next to the gauge t-piece?

Problem number 2...

I read a post by LegnumVR4 that discusses the factory boost control solenoid.

1) Have i found the right bit? (see photo)
2) do i take the tubes off of the existing one, and onto the replacement, or do i join in parallel infront of it?
3) Whats the best way to get at it, cause there seems to be a lot of stuff in the way...

or 4) is there an easier way?

Thanks, and if anyone can point me to a picture article, or make one using these pics, it would be greatly appreciated, also if some one could post a pic of their install, it would make things a heap easier... /help

BraindG
26-12-2005, 02:16 PM
1) you have found the right bit.
2) firstly forget about the front solenoid, that, is bascially the standard boost controller. so we are getting rid of it... nothing goes in, or comes out of it once its installed..
3) best way at it, remove what evers in the way :) - the pipes are a pain to get off, but you could prolly do it from where you are now.
4) no.

if i had my car, id go looky, but wouters gone out in it..

i knew i should have created an article when i put mine back in..

if you can wait a wee bitty ill post up pics of mine.

mpau009
26-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks for that, so i'll use the hoses off the existing one, but am i meant to leave the electronics plugged in, as LegVR4 suggests, i can't see the point if its not reading any flow?