PDA

View Full Version : sunday drags

maori_by_nature
28-12-2005, 08:12 AM
dose any1 no anything about the illegal drags on sunday day from wat i hear they meet on roscomon @ 4.00 any1 been or no about???

konman
29-12-2005, 02:57 AM
well... theyre illegal for a start so if you wanna keep hold of your car and not have the fuzz :-policema :-policema take it off you stay away. this is not a criticism of you Maori by Nature by any means but why do people persist in going to these illegal meetings when there is a real danger of losing your car, or worse having a crash and hurting someone. surely youve spent enough money on your car making it look mint etc to not want to have it sitting in a tow yard gathering dust, or waiting to be crushed. seems to be a waste of time to me, just buy one of those driving experiences at a race track and race a proper race car in a safe environment /Steeringw /Steeringw , and be able to driver your car home. seems a pretty easy decision if you ask me.

mpau009
29-12-2005, 04:56 AM
... yes mum ...

Rossco Type-S
29-12-2005, 06:06 AM
dose any1 no anything about the illegal drags on sunday day from wat i hear they meet on roscomon @ 4.00 any1 been or no about???

Discussing the time and location of an illegal drag meet on a public forum...doesn't get much smarter than that...does it?

Why don't you invite the police?

konman
29-12-2005, 06:30 AM
... yes mum ...

but if you lose your gear then you'll complain long and loud.. you're decision though

mpau009
29-12-2005, 08:42 AM
I know, its good advice, and no one i hang around with would bother, i just like to wind people up (especially the over protective parents) :thumbsup: /yes :-policema

Does lead me to think tho...
/Hmmm Surely we must have a good enough membership by now to look at renting Meremere for a week day? or combining with some other clubs for it, id be keen for some timed runs without all the hassle of the nightwars. /Steeringw

bradc
29-12-2005, 01:20 PM
it is always difficult to actually get enough people to come along. Sure we had 15 or so people at the Auckland meet, but once you try and get confirmations, deposits, or whatever it gets more difficult. I'd also quite like to have a club dyno day as well, but I think it will be too difficult to get the 10 or more cars needed.

maori_by_nature
29-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Discussing the time and location of an illegal drag meet on a public forum...doesn't get much smarter than that...does it?

Why don't you invite the police?
it's the drags they will already b there it's not rocket science 50+ boy/girl races all heading in the same direction..... :rolleyes4 lol

ShadyNZer
30-12-2005, 12:19 PM
yeah its crazy...first time was when i was with you chaps, who was the other dudes with us again?

NAUSED
01-01-2006, 09:38 AM
so when is the drags or has it been already

OSiRiS
01-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Why would you discuss an illegal event like this on such a public forum?

Xeroid
02-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Why don't you guys check on the MMC site, they seem to be getting organised for drag days and probably be happy for some 'whales' to tag along.

forums.nzmmc.co.nz

I don't do drags meself but might be interested in taking the big camera down and getting some pix. Just got to remember to keep off the photog stand at the end of the..... oh, it's gone now .... how about that .

bradc
02-01-2006, 09:59 AM
ROFL, that was a very scary video wasn't it ;)

We need to convince Uc to come along to the drags, I think his car would be capable of a low 13 second pass, maybe a 12 if he did a really hard launch

You See
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
...Or I could continue doing this ... :chugchug:

bradc
02-01-2006, 10:28 AM
nope, you need to do a run!

maori_by_nature
03-01-2006, 02:19 AM
yeah its crazy...first time was when i was with you chaps, who was the other dudes with us again?
it was dreamer bro

ShadyNZer
03-01-2006, 06:45 AM
ahhh..lol cheers