PDA

View Full Version : Emanage Ultimate and stuff...

michaeli
28-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just bought an Emanage Ultimate and wanted a little bit of advice from you about the supplimentary stuff I will need to make this a complete package..

So far I will get:

EMU
Complete wiring harness
Software disc...

I would like to purchase: (Wodj.. can you PM me a price for these pls?)

Pressure sensor
Wideband O2 sensor

But what else will I need to purchase in order to get a full set up with EMU??
Thanks in advance

Mike

PS: I have searched but nothing I can find seems to show a shopping list of 'must haves' except what I have mentioned above... Your answers will also serve a purpose for other people who are thinking about EMU too, so it's not just to accomodate my impatience...

Quail
28-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Sorry for the not so useful reply, but does the VR4 have a specific wiring harness with the Emanage, and Emanage Ultimate? Ie, will it be 'plug and play'. Or am I getting confused, im not very electronically minded.

Kieran
28-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Sorry for the not so useful reply, but does the VR4 have a specific wiring harness with the Emanage, and Emanage Ultimate? Ie, will it be 'plug and play'. Or am I getting confused, im not very electronically minded.

I don't know if there is a specific harness, but I suspect not. BigDaveAkers just identified the relvant ECU wires and then spliced & soldered the Emanage into them (there's a pinout diagram in the box I think).

michaeli
29-12-2005, 11:45 AM
No, it's not specific...

But BDA has an excellent diagram and explanation on how to fit emanage....

But anyway... I have been looking at other forums and they seem to have some stickies for popular mods... :thumbsup:

I was hoping that we could post an EMA sticky shopping list so that people would know what they need to buy... :drummer:

Anyone willing to help share their experience?? :inquisiti

bradc
29-12-2005, 01:46 PM
wait until Dave sees the post, he'll be able to help you out best ;)

jakester
29-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I am no expert, but, from what I remember, the base emanage package has a 16x16 fuel nd ignition map, you can purchase additional ign and inj harnesses to expand those maps by a further 16x16. There is also a map senor that would allow you to run without the maf, but, I could be totally wrong :)

jerryd_33
30-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi M8,
you can get plenty on ebay the ones from USA are much cheaper.
And one company says it is compatible with the ULTIMATE.
As for the pressure switch, ................. what does that look like?
And where would I find it on the engine?

jerryd_33
30-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Hi M8,
you can get plenty on ebay the ones from USA are much cheaper.
And one company says it is compatible with the ULTIMATE. Will
try put a link of that company on here later.
As for the pressure switch, ................. what does that look like?
And where would I find it on the engine?

valmes
30-12-2005, 04:02 AM
- Get Greddy Pressure sensor and pressure sensor harness. I think they are same for EMU/EMB.
- USB cable is standard, so you can buy it anywhere.
- Remote switching system is needed to start your logs without notebook... and probably if you can't make up your own switching system for Launchcontrol&Flatshift feature.
- Get E-manage Ultimate Meter Cable only if you have other Greddy warning gauges installed.
- Wideband O2 sensor. LC-1 is a cheaper WB option, it just doesn’t let you see AFR in real time... no display as such, but that wouldn’t be a problem if you log your runs with notebook (you need it anyway for EMU). Get E-01 pressure sensor harness if you want to log your LC-1/LM-1 AFR via EMU data logger.

Good luck.
Val

- E-01 Pressure Sensor Harness ONLY $20*
This harness can substitute the Air/Fuel harness (which are about the same), just cut off the white harness end and wire the white wire to your wideband output wire

- E-manage Ultimate Pressure Sensor #16401301 ONLY $99*

- E-manage Ultimate Pressure Sensor Harness #16401406 ONLY $29*
this harness is used in combination with the pressure sensor

- E-manage Ultimate Remote Switching System ONLY $105*
Allows you to Start/Stop the 'Data Logging' on the Go from the steering wheel, that way you can log exactly what you want without reaching for the laptop

- E-manage Ultimate USB Cable (Generic Brand, 6 ft) ONLY $5*
This cable connects between your laptop and the e-manage ultimate

- E-manage Ultimate Meter Cable (Generic Brand, 12 feet) ONLY $4*
This cable connects between your e-manage ultimate and your greddy 60mm gauge with peak/warning, it will let you display the gauge readings digitally on the laptop, you will have the ability to log, set warning, see peak reading

PS: ECU harness (http://www.autosportwiring.com/products.htm#Mitsubishi)

Wodjno
31-12-2005, 05:33 PM
/Hijack

If anyone is interested in any of the above mentioned kit.. /Hmmm I have stock of most of it and can supply all of it.. /yes All at good prices.. Any other kit required drop me a line first and will see what i can come up with. :thumbsup:

michaeli
07-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!!!! :thumbsup: :evil2:

Wodj.... Can you send me the prices as per your PM... I know you've prabably got sidetracked.... :thumbsup:

valmes
19-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Solution to CEL code that shows up when EMU is set to +/- mode for injectors is in these pictures:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/valmes/15901507_wires.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/valmes/GreddyAdapter.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/valmes/GreddyAdapterDiagram.jpg

Those are taken from 3S forums. Greddy has released an adapter for Mitsu 3000GT/GTO. Just keep in mind they have low imp. injectors, while our cars got high imp.

PS: Can anyone "electronically minded "comment... I think there is a mistake and it should read 3.3 Ohm, not 3.3 Kohm.