PDA

View Full Version : reset auto tranny

ghostface
30-12-2005, 06:47 AM
i want to reset the invecs / auto trans on my 97 vr4 type s. is it just a case of unhooking the battery for a while?

if so, how long, which terminal [- or +] and does this cause any other problems?

Kieran
30-12-2005, 09:22 AM
i want to reset the invecs / auto trans on my 97 vr4 type s. is it just a case of unhooking the battery for a while?

if so, how long, which terminal [- or +] and does this cause any other problems?

Yep, just take the negative battery lead off for about 5 minutes. Make sure you've got your alarm/immob disarmed and if your radio is coded, make sure you've got the code.

Shouldn't cause any 'problems' but expect the car to run a bit rough for a while and the gearbox to change gear harshly for a few hundred miles - this is caused by the engine and gearbox ECUs 're-learning' the car's characteristics. :thumbsup:

Rossco Type-S
30-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Shouldn't cause any 'problems' but expect the car to run a bit rough for a while and the gearbox to change gear harshly for a few hundred miles - this is caused by the engine and gearbox ECUs 're-learning' the car's characteristics. :thumbsup:

Disconnecting the battery in my old car a 95' Diamante (with invecs-II) caused a few problems, for a start its idle was reset to about 300rpm so it stalled once it was warm and the auto-choke was off. The gear changes were terrible had no drive in 1st whatsoever, in the end had to go to a mitsi-dealer and get it re-learned and reset the idle (cost $30 odd).

ghostface
30-12-2005, 08:05 PM
is it the same as the vr4 box though? i also wonder what disconnecting the battery will do to my dynatron alarm.... might leave this one until after i go away camping :/ dont want dead leggy in a paddock somewhere