PDA

View Full Version : sun roof

kookie
30-12-2005, 07:26 PM
/Hmmm /Hmmm
HI everyone, may seem a silly question but my car has a sun roof(electric) what happens if it is stuck open, is there a manual overide to close it as there was on all other cars i have had with electric roofs or is it a case of black plastic bags and lots of tape, thanks and a Happy New Year to all

kookie
04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
/Hmmm /Hmmm
HI everyone, may seem a silly question but my car has a sun roof(electric) what happens if it is stuck open, is there a manual overide to close it as there was on all other cars i have had with electric roofs or is it a case of black plastic bags and lots of tape, thanks and a Happy New Year to all

Has NOBODY got a sun roof on there car????

Paul Beazer
04-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I have, not aware of any manual way of operating at all. Tape and bags it is!

Kieran
04-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Erm, I'll have a look in the workshop manuals later, but I don't think there's a way? Bump this thread in a bit if I haven't replied - but just about to go out.

g6acb
04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Don't know if this is of any relevance, but my first mitsubishi - a '97 Mitsu Colt had an electric roof - and there was a pop off plastic panel near the interior light which revealed a 'turney thing' to manualy close the roof

no idea if its the same on the galant though

Nick VR4
04-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Just checked the handbook and doesnt mention anything regarding closing sunroof manually

pezza
04-03-2006, 09:35 PM
kookie are there no cliks or dimming of lights if you try to press any buttons to operate the sunroof?

Nick does the manual show what fuse covers the sunroof?

How can it be resolved if fuse is OK tho :inquisiti

I have moonroof motor somewhere in storage but not seen it about for a while...:thinking:

Nick VR4
04-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Nick does the manual show what fuse covers the sunroof?

Nope doesnt show it /Grrr

kookie
16-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Makes me wonder if if worth using the roof in case anything goes wrong, would be just my luck, has happened to me before thats why i'm a frightened sod