PDA

View Full Version : squeaking belts / changing belts

ritch_w
31-12-2005, 03:24 PM
one of my belts is squeaking - dont know which one... /Hmmm tried tightening the bolt access from the O/S/F made no difference.

so i reckon as the old barge has done a fair few miles they should probably be changed - so does anyone have instructions on changing the alternator and PAS belts - I had a look (from top of engine downwards) at it but couldnt work out how to change the belts - anyone know? is it from underneath????

DUNLY
01-01-2006, 08:51 PM
pass, no idea. thats why i took mine to the mechanic to get changed last week. i had a look at it myself, but when i seen the clearence to try and get down into it, i thot to much hassle and for how much it would cost for a mechanic to do it. just get him to do it. (just a thought for yourself ritch).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
good luck

Paul Beazer
03-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Piece of p1ss!
Go in from o/s wheel arch, remove engine bay / wheelarch separator.
Undo 14mm nut in centre of both pulleys (need a slim ratchet (1/4" drive fits i think) the alternator pulley bolt is rather close to inner wheelarch
then loosen bolt that adjusts position of pulleys to remove tension on the belts and fitting is the reverse of removal.
NB make sure you dont overtighten the belt tensioning bolts as you can have the belts TOO tight. Have a look in the members section for torque settings etc...