PDA

View Full Version : WTB VR4 Estate UK

annetteljones
01-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi

I'm looking to buy a VR4 estate, not wanting to spend more than about 5K.

I used to have a saloon, ABSOLUTELY loved it but after 3+ years and 70K miles I decided to move on to an Evo. Then I started to do huge miles so got an Impreza (sorry!) as the cheaper option (my Evo needed servicing every month and went through clutches every 2 months cos of the miles I did!).

Anyway the Impreza is fun and practical but it isn't very big and I've now got a baby and we have to transport so much stuff including a mad big pram so I reckon I need something bigger. I am not going to go and a get a Mammy Wagon and I reckon a vr4 estate will be perfect and I'll give my hubbie the Impreza.

Sorry for rambling .... what I'd like to know is ...

Is 5k a big enough budget and what sort of car does it get me?
Is the estate even close to as much fun as the saloon?
Is the 4.5K service interval really necessary???

all info happily received ....

Cheers and happy new year!

Annette

BraindG
01-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Is 5k a big enough budget and what sort of car does it get me?
You can get some for this price

Is the estate even close to as much fun as the saloon?
Oh yes!

Is the 4.5K service interval really necessary???
IMO, yes I wouldnt let it go to long.

There are some Legnums for sale within this forum, take a look. If you buy from a member, you also have an insight into its history, unlike buying one from autotrader.

Nick Mann
01-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Definitely check out the for sale section on this site. You may need to wade through a few pages to find them all.

The 4.5k service is necessary - the engine oil is good and proper cooked by then. If you don't mind a bit of DIY you can do the oil changes yourself in a couple of hours and save a fortune in the process.

As for fun - someone correct me when I say that at least the fastest 3 8th generation VR4's over the 1/4 mile in England are legnums. Of the regular track day guys there are as many legnums as galants. You can't go far wrong!

Bagofsand
05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
My 1998 Legnum will up for sale in Jan. Email me for details on iain@meadowcroftrd.fsnet.co.uk or ring 07966 015835 i will be back in UK 10th Jan.