PDA

View Full Version : music to my ears !!

SGHOM
16-09-2003, 08:21 PM
We've had various threads regarding, previous cars, etc. finding out a bit about each other & I was just wondering what kind of music you lot listen to ?? bearing in mind the age difference in some of us !:D I'll kick off;

David Bowie, best of; 1969 - 1974
Dido; no angel
Our Madge; ray of light
the Mavericks; best of
Nora Jones; come away with me.

Kids have claimed the rest of the slots.:Cry1:

Brind
16-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Judging by what you have listed it would appear I'm much older than you as I hate most of the music nowadays... from 90's+ anyway.

I like all the old 50's Rock N' Roll, my favourite era has to be the 60's!! 70's was a bit crap, some good songs which I can always listen to over and over, quite a few 80's weren't bad.

Depends on mood but I can listen to very heavy thrash metal music down to soppy classic AHEM... adjusts oneself in a masculine manner love songs as long as they are power type ballads.

I hate rap-crap, RN'B repetitive ****e.

SGHOM
16-09-2003, 08:57 PM
If your profile is true & honest !! I'm 21 years older than you !!:D :D SO !! whats in your CD player at the mo ??

Kieran
16-09-2003, 09:06 PM
:devil2: The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack is usually in my autochanger... can't get enough of it!

The rest varies... Like Brind, it really depends on my mood and so varies wildly - One day it'll be rock, then blues, jazz, lounge, soundtracks, dance, metal, Piano, anything really. It's really the song rather than the genre that I look at:)

:guitar: :band: :beerbang: :cool1:

Nick VR4
16-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Ok here goes
Linkin Park
David Gray
Evenscene
Sting and a few others can't remember INSERT INTO post VALUES (from film Leaving Las Vegas )
Robbie Wiliams live at the Albert Hall
Lighthouse family

I have approx 150 mp3s on PC ranging from Opera to Rock to mussy stuff too sound tracks off films
:band:

Brind
16-09-2003, 09:15 PM
My profile is correct, however I missed out the multiple personality serial killer phase I go through now and again.

In my CD player at the mo, you'll find the new Delta Goodrem album.. great music and she's orgasmic too. :inlove2: a little thin though, but only 19 I believe. ;)

I can like a song from almost any group but hate everything else that artist has made so my taste varies way too much.

KiwiTT
17-09-2003, 01:44 AM
For my first 2 weeks with my VR-4 I couldn't get enough of "Dreamland" by Robert Myles.

I also listen to Queen, Vanessa Carlton. Delta Goodrem, 80's Mix INSERT INTO post VALUES (includes Relax, by Frankie goes to Hollywood).

jtfleming
17-09-2003, 02:57 AM
At the moment, James Taylor and for you kiwis Wayne Mason:cool1: :cool1:

MTB
17-09-2003, 04:10 AM
current roster on my 12-disc cartridge: u2, interpol, leaves, frente!, mojave 3, jj72, placebo, elvis, chris rea, ride... and the rest 2 i cant remember! :D

Darren
17-09-2003, 07:05 AM
The current mix in my car goes like this.

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Prodigy - Breath
Incubus - Drive
Greenday - Basket Case
Metallica - Breadfan
KC and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
Prodigy - Firestarter
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Higher Ground
Jimi Hendrix - Cross Town Traffic
Chemical Brothers - Spybreak
Prodigy - Mindfields
Morris Day and the Time - Jungle Love

Oh we oh we oh

Spirit
17-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Same as many here - my taste depends on my mood - love 80's music, rock, metal and dance - also Elvis as I was brought up on it as my mum is a life long fan of his.

Favourites are Kiss and Magnum - but one day I will grow up - hehehehe

Brind
17-09-2003, 08:23 PM
KiwiTT, Delta Goodrem eh? :) she is pretty big there I've heard, she isn't far from you either, being Australian.

Basket Case is one of favourites! that entire album is good.

landy
18-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Spirit,

Someone else into KISS :cool1:
All my teenage years I was a massive Kiss fan, aahhh those were the days:devil3: :D

At the the mo my incar CD list includes:

Megadeth
Metallica
Kiss
Sabbat
Shakira INSERT INTO post VALUES (the missus)
Celen Dion INSERT INTO post VALUES (the missus)
The Anti No-where League

KiwiTT
18-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Brind
KiwiTT, Delta Goodrem eh? :) she is pretty big there I've heard, she isn't far from you either, being Australian.

Basket Case is one of favourites! that entire album is good.

No, She is not far.:) I first heard her singing "Born to Try". Bought the CD after hearing other tracks and liked them all. She has got Cancer now.:Cry1: Hope she get's better soon.

Brind
18-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by KiwiTT
She has got Cancer now.:Cry1: Hope she get's better soon.

Yeah I know.. I read about that a little while ago. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (
She has Hodgkin's disease a type of Cancer but it is treatable but like you say I hope she recovers too, shame something like that has to happen to someone so young and obviously so talented aswell.
She even makes an appearance on her own official website forum which is great for her fans, she appears to be a very nice person too.

Japmetal
22-09-2003, 07:35 PM
You play it, and if it doesnt end up out the window, I dont mind it :D

I'll listen to anything really, I just have to be in the mood [there are some things I HATE, but I really would be here all night if I got into them all now]

For all you 'creative' drivers out there, go out & buy Feeder's track "Just A Day" and blitz those backroads to the Gran Turismo 3 theme tune ;)