PDA

View Full Version : Legnum load cover

enigma
16-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Anyone wishing to get rid of a load cover roller blind thingy for the boot space of a Legnum/Galant Estate? Preferably in Black. I visited my local Dealer with cheque book in hand but was astounded when they told me the price!

Wait for it................

£350 .....................+ vat!!!!!!

I suggested the salesman was taking the pee to which he replied:

I have to agree with you sir, that is a ridiculous amount of money! INSERT INTO post VALUES (Didn't offer a discount though!)

If the worst comes to the worst I will get my sewing machine out and make one.............oooops did I really say that?!

SGHOM
16-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Yes you did !!!can just see it now :D big Dave sat in front of his singer !!!:D :D

enigma
16-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Actually I am quite good with the old sewing machine!

Re-upholstered some seats in leather, made a tonneau cover for a sports car, made a hood for said sports car............

Oooooh and I used to teach textiles to secondary school kids INSERT INTO post VALUES (along with cooking, and all the other Design and Technology subjects!)

I'm not ashamed.........much!

Kieran
16-09-2003, 08:49 PM
I presume, Dave, that your local dealer is Variava's. I've had some erm, interesting prices from them also!

£2200:scared1: for the satnav kit mentioned in the accessories brochure, sir? Or would sir care for the Electric cool box at £180ish? No?.... Perhaps sir wants the embossed stainless sill guards, a veritable snip at £200!

......No! Come Back Sir! I'll do you a special deal on the wood trim kit - How's £250 sound?! Suits you, Sir!!:D:D

If I ever get a legnum, I think I'll ask Dave to teach me to sew!!!:D

enigma
16-09-2003, 09:30 PM
It is indeed, but the Variava's in Derby as that is where I work and I almost pass it every day!

Sewing is easy! Tomorrow I will get some bits and pieces together and make a damn load cover!

SGHOM
16-09-2003, 09:40 PM
knit one, pearl one !!!! :D or crochet ??? do you do a nice line in tank tops as well ???:D :D

Brind
16-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Why.. looking for a nice tank top for yourself Derek? :D

Just like that flimsy plastic air feed from the bonnet area to the 'beginning' of the air box... they wanted £60 ex VAT. I kinda said.. "Oh.. okay erm c'ya" :D

SGHOM
16-09-2003, 09:58 PM
well I only suggested ??? I still think I may go through the bonnet. not gonna wear the new tank top when I do that though !!!:D :D

Brind
16-09-2003, 10:10 PM
You could keep the tank top to put over the gaping hole in the bonnet preventing rain etc getting in. Could be a fashion statement. :D

SGHOM
16-09-2003, 10:15 PM
/ adds to list for santa plod / "get tank top dry cleaned"

MTB
17-09-2003, 04:19 AM
2nd-handed from japan is about £30-50. shipping is about £70. :D but yes this can be diy ;)

Spirit
17-09-2003, 09:16 AM
/note to Barry - are we gonna add tank tops to the Club VR4 merchandise list :Ponder: :D :D :D

Brind
17-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by spirit979
/note to Barry - are we gonna add tank tops to the Club VR4 merchandise list :Ponder: :D :D :D

Remember you can never have too many.. according to Interlec that is. :D

SGHOM
17-09-2003, 09:03 PM
yet more expense !! apart from a new tank top, I've got to buy Liz a mini. :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( car that is not skirt !! since passing her test in one many years ago, & owning quite a few since. she's decided she does not want to drive the legnum, & wants her own car again. !! and her biggest complaint about the car ??...................... the turning circle. :Ponder: must admit though, 3 point turns on a side road are a bit of a challenge even for me !! let alone Liz in a car park.

Kieran
17-09-2003, 09:28 PM
A real Mini, or the fake 'MINI'?....

SGHOM
17-09-2003, 09:32 PM
just a bog standard, mid 90's mini. no flash, no mods, just a standard shopping/dog carrying mini. at least it'll keep paws off my VR4.:D

Brind
17-09-2003, 09:35 PM
LOL!

Agree about the VR-4's turning circle..:rolleyes: it's pathetic.
Mind you, it's a very easy car to park.

SGHOM
17-09-2003, 09:43 PM
I agree. I drive a van most of the time with no interior mirror. so I'm used to reversing/parking etc, using only the wing mirrors. but you must agree, there are a few more blind spots with the wind deflectors ? & I think Liz is struggling a bit with those....... and the turning circle.

Kieran
17-09-2003, 09:45 PM
It's not bad to park, even if there's a car in the bay... You can just smirk and gun the car, safe in the knowledge that you've got the weight advantage!! Mwhahaha!:devil2:

The Galant has a very low 'Puntability' factor :D:D

SGHOM
17-09-2003, 09:48 PM
"puntability??" just run that one by me again ???

Kieran
17-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Puntability INSERT INTO post VALUES (adj.) - The word used to indicate the likelihood that an object INSERT INTO post VALUES (usually a vehicle) may be struck, knocked, barged or otherwise 'punted' off of the road.

When buying a car, one simply must consider the car's 'Puntability' factor, as this will affect how well you'll be able to barge, knock or otherwise 'Punt' other road users out of your way.

For example, a Fiat Panda has an extremley low puntability factor - therefore making it vulnerable to other road users and objects with higher puntability factors, such as empty crisp packets.

A Galant has a moderatley low puntability factor, and is therefore able to punt most smaller cars off of the road with impunity. So, In the car park example, it should be able to just knock a smaller car INSERT INTO post VALUES (which has a higher puntability factor) out of the way:D

All clear?!?!!!!!:D

SGHOM
17-09-2003, 10:12 PM
last orders at the bar Kieran !!!:D :D :D

Kieran
17-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Cheersh!:biglaugh:

Brind
17-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Never seen a topic change so much as this one!! :D :D

I find the VR-4 attracts unwanted attention in the form of:

1> If the car is parked up and you are sitting in the car you can be sure that obnoxious kid swinging the carrier bag with something heavy in it will wander very close to it missing EVERY OTHER car, but when it comes to the VR-4.. Whack.:rolleyes: :mad: stangulation is in order!

2> Kids again, riding bikes.. clear road but again mysteriously wanders TOO close without even noticing the car but manage avoid EVERY OTHER car.

Comment 1> has happened twice to my knowledge, luckily leaving no trace.

Why don't these effing retards look and think about what they might do and actually have consideration about other peoples property?!!!

I was in another car the other day when some little twat was riding too close and his handlebars hit the car.. again I was in the car but the little ****e looked back and then scarperd before I could ring his neck.

enigma
17-09-2003, 11:13 PM
If you had said a week ago you could have had this! This is the result of a weekend of being filmed transforming a mini in to a reverse wheelie monster for the upcoming series of Thunder Races on the Discovery Channel and Channel 4. Keep your eyes peeled, I am going to be on't telly!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hidle/images/minithunder.jpg

:nono: Don't try this at home!!!

Brind
17-09-2003, 11:16 PM
As long as it doesn't have wind deflectors and a bad turning circle, Interlec might buy that for his missus! ;) :D

enigma
17-09-2003, 11:23 PM
It turned on a sixpence INSERT INTO post VALUES (not that I know what one is!) But with the rear wheels in the air at 45mph on gravelly rough ground it had 'interesting' handling characteristics! Great fun to drive though, especially when you slap it in reverse and the rear wheels head for the sky leaving your stomach where the floor used to be!

pjjohnson
18-09-2003, 08:05 AM
If this is still the thread about a black load cover, then yes I've got one that I don't use. It squeaks a little bit so I took it out. Make an offer and you can pick it up.