PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy this vr-4???

HondaHumper
05-01-2006, 03:45 AM
Hello I am new here and don't yet own a vr-4. My buddy had somone come into his work he was driving a vr-4 as a joke my friend asked if he was selling it and the guy said sure lol. i havent seen it yet I just wanted some opinions. Ive done reading on them so i know all the specs. My friend said it is real clean inside and out he said the front bumper is a littel off from the guy bumping into somthing but my bud said it could be fixed preaty easy. The guy who ownes it is in his 60's and has keeped it in a garage as long as he has owned it. He first said he would like 5 grand. My bud told him the blue book witch is like 2,600. the guy sounded a littel shocked what do you guys think is a good offer price for the car?? my bud said if you gave him 3,500 cash he would probabley take it. If I could get some input that would be great. Thanks

/help /help /help

mpau009
05-01-2006, 04:16 AM
If its an auto, check that the fluid is properly filled, and the right colour, as when i bought my first car, i didn't, and the auto only lasted 3 months, it cost about 1/2 the price of the car to fix, a very bad experience.:greedy:

Theres is a pretty comprehensive buyers guide under the resources bar at the top of the page, i would recommend you give it a good look.

As for the price, it refers to the UK market, and in NZ prices were a bit less, so best to check your local car dealers

Gly
05-01-2006, 05:17 AM
what year and generation is it?? 6g, 7g, 8g???

Robotnik123
05-01-2006, 05:42 AM
Hello I am new here and don't yet own a vr-4. My buddy had somone come into his work he was driving a vr-4 as a joke my friend asked if he was selling it and the guy said sure lol. i havent seen it yet I just wanted some opinions. Ive done reading on them so i know all the specs. My friend said it is real clean inside and out he said the front bumper is a littel off from the guy bumping into somthing but my bud said it could be fixed preaty easy. The guy who ownes it is in his 60's and has keeped it in a garage as long as he has owned it. He first said he would like 5 grand. My bud told him the blue book witch is like 2,600. the guy sounded a littel shocked what do you guys think is a good offer price for the car?? my bud said if you gave him 3,500 cash he would probabley take it. If I could get some input that would be great. Thanks

/help /help /help

As you're American I assume the car is 1991 or 1992 6th generation car. These are quite rare in the US, but they're also quite old. Anyway, they're very fast cars and handle very well. $3500 sounds OK if it is in very good condition.

HondaHumper
05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
I forgot to say it is a 91 with 130,000 miles on it. Im going into town next week to test drive it and ill bring it to a shop and have it cheacked out. Thanks for the help so far.