PDA

View Full Version : Pricing - Proper Valuations for Galant Sports

clossie
05-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I am currently the proud owner of a 2.0 5 DR Sport Estate... Closest I could get to a V6 or god forbid a VR4 without suffering the nightmares of insurance. Am looking to sell in the next few months and cannot seem to locate anyone who quotes / gives valuations of the Sport range... Everything seems to be based on the GLS range (Parkers/Glasses etc).. The car is in good cond 02 plate with just over 30K on the clock...I just dont want to give it up for a stupid price... Any ideas where I could get a halfway decent valuation from?

stevec205gti
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I'd suggest that instead of going for Parkers type guides, have a look at what other people are selling them for on places like Autotrader. It's all very well saying a car should be a certain price, but if no-one else is selling for around the same you'll either sell yourself short, or never shift it as it's overpriced

ritch_w
05-01-2006, 07:30 PM
The car is in good cond 02 plate with just over 30K on the clock..

i would guess at this being between £5k and £6k depending on the buyer

have you been given any trade in figures or priced similar cars in auto trader etc for a realistic "market value"?

clossie
05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I've looked around, but only end up looking at V6's or GLS's.. Have not seen another 2.0 Sport for sale in recent history... Looks like I will just have to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the feedback guys.

nicktooley
05-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Try the Whatcar website, they do valuations (there's a link form the top right hand side of the homepage) they also cover the Sport range.

http://www.whatcar.com/valuations.aspx

ritch_w
05-01-2006, 09:05 PM
from parkers - 2.0 Classic is the same as the sport (in the same way the v6 elegance is the same as the sport - badge engineering /yes )

Mitsubishi Galant Estate
2.0 Classic 5d 2002/02
Insurance Group 13 (get a quote)
Average mileage: 30,000 miles
Cost New ('02) £ 16990
Franchised Dealer £ 6755
Independent Dealer £ 6285
Private Good £ 5130
Private Poor £ 3805
Part Exchange £ 4315

http://www.bridgendgroup.co.uk/
Mitsubishi
Galant
Estate/Off-road Vehicle
GLS 1997cc 5 door Petrol
CDABSAir ConditioningAlloy WheelsCentral LockingAlarmDriver's AirbagMultiple AirbagsPower SteeringImmobiliserCruise ControlElectric Windows

CD ABS Air Conditioning Alloy Wheels Central Locking Alarm Driver's Airbag Multiple Airbags Power Steering Immobiliser Cruise Control Electric Windows
Remote Locking, E/Mirrors, Colour Coded Bumpers, Rear Wash Wipe, Front Fogs.
Automatic
Registered
July 2001
Recorded mileage
Colour
Green
Price - £5995

realistically your car is £5500 if you can get a private sale, a 2001 / 2002 v6 with low mileage is around £6k - £6.5k from a garage

ANTHONY
05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
i dont think a 2.0 classic has the same ring to it as a 2.0 sport/Steeringw

g6acb
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
I think the problem your are having getting a valuation for an 02 plate sport is one I came across when car hunting recently... the Sport models were rebadged for 02 as Classic for a 2.0 and (i think) Elegance for a 2.5 v6

It seems that many Sports went through in to the 02 plate as unsold unregistered dealer stock - indeed I went to see a couple of cars advertised as Sport that were classic and vice versa

Rich_w valuations posted should be close to the mark as the differences between the sport and classic are zilch - the classic still has momo wheel, VR$ look-a-like bumpers and skirts - with the VR$ style spoiler an option (no brake light), same engine, high contrast dash, 17" plastecine alloys etc. The centre console not being metalic silver is the only difference as far as i can tell....

Agree with ABE sport that classic just does not have the same ring to it but comes in handy for blagging it down to group 12 with the brokers!!!!

clossie
09-01-2006, 02:31 PM
cheers all.. Shame these things just de value so quickly. May just keep it and buy the new motor as a second car.. Just love the fact that it looks sporty, goes a bit, but can handle everything luggage wise that the wife and 2 under 5's can throw at it. Badging wise, and per an earlier posted note, I bought the car from a Mitsubishi dealership (it was the managers daily commute)... So as you can expect, was in top notch condition and may well have been subject to any kind of rebranding that they desired. Essentially I have a bloomin nice car, and after all of this, I may well be more than reluctant to give it up for 5K... after all. what else can you buy for that kind of money with low insurance and good miles per gallon, and still lets a married man with kids keep some kind of street cred. I'm not quite prepared to buy a Ford Galaxy just yet!!! (Unless it has an AWD drive train and serious horses under the bonnet). :rolleyes4

J.A.P.
15-01-2006, 03:45 PM
cheers all.. Shame these things just de value so quickly. May just keep it and buy the new motor as a second car.. Just love the fact that it looks sporty, goes a bit, but can handle everything luggage wise that the wife and 2 under 5's can throw at it. Badging wise, and per an earlier posted note, I bought the car from a Mitsubishi dealership (it was the managers daily commute)... So as you can expect, was in top notch condition and may well have been subject to any kind of rebranding that they desired. Essentially I have a bloomin nice car, and after all of this, I may well be more than reluctant to give it up for 5K... after all. what else can you buy for that kind of money with low insurance and good miles per gallon, and still lets a married man with kids keep some kind of street cred. I'm not quite prepared to buy a Ford Galaxy just yet!!! (Unless it has an AWD drive train and serious horses under the bonnet). :rolleyes4

I had a Galaxy before my Wagon - wasn't the 4wd, but did have the 2.8 VW engine from the Golf VR6 - beautiful engine and used to frighten the life out of BMW tailgaters on motorways, when the road cleared and you left them in your dust.