PDA

View Full Version : Noisy fan (Climate)

nicktooley
05-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I've got a intermittent noise from the passenger footwell linked to the speed of the fan blowing lovely warm air into the car. I seem to remeber it happened last winter but went away (so I left it).

Could it something as daft as a leaf got into the system or more serious??

Any ideas anyone?

BraindG
05-01-2006, 09:42 PM
I've got a intermittent noise from the passenger footwell linked to the speed of the fan blowing lovely warm air into the car. I seem to remeber it happened last winter but went away (so I left it).

Any ideas anyone?
Could be a leaf aye, or something fell down the vents at the top, or something was stuck in? only when hot air? or always?

Nick Mann
05-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Could well be a leaf. Stick your head under the glovebox and clip open the blower unit. I can't be more specific on instructions as it has been almost 5 years since I did that job! The leaf was not too difficult to extract, though.

Kieran
05-01-2006, 10:46 PM

Any ideas anyone?

Not had this happen on my VR-4 (yet) but did on my Sport and my GLS. Leaves every time!! Turn off your fans, then wang them to full pelt as fast as you can and you may dislodge it.

Tip - if you do this, don't stand with your head in the way of the centre vents, or direct the air somewhere else first - Manky leaf splat is bad for your temper!! :embarasse /grr

nicktooley
06-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys, I hope it's a leaf and not something expensive, I've tried full fan power to no avail so I may have to get under the glove box.