PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy: 255lph fuel pumps less than NZD 130!

ghanda
07-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Having hunted around for a while for alternatives to the Walbro fuel pump, I've come across TRE Performance in the 'States.
Having spoken to their Sales Manager, Paul North, I think this may well be of interest to you.

The pump in question is the TRE 341 and details can be found here:

http://www.treperformance.com/FuelPumps/TRE255FuelPumps.html#341

When I asked him what the difference between his and Walbro pumps were, the response was fairly straightforward:

"Better unconditional warranty, nowhere near as loud, near identical flow and quality. Significantly cheaper. Theres the differences between walbro and our pumps!"

A group buy deal will need a minimum of 5 units.

2 options for shipping (per unit): Un-tracked US Air Mail at USD 15 or fully trackable at USD 29 per unit.

Prices (plus shipping):

5+ Units: USD 65
10+ Units: USD 60
20+ Units: USD 55

So. lets say we get 10 purchases. That'll be 90 USD with trackable shipping, 75USD without! A serious bargain if you're interested.

Once I have numbers I will let Paul know. I may be able to get a discount on shipping for the NZ guys if he ships to one place, whereas for the UK they'll ship individually - and will expect individual payment, once we have numbers.

Please post here if you want one - I'll x-post in both sections, so only reply once!
Once we have numbers (I'll leave this open till the end of the month - I know January's tight!) I'll tally the numbers and move this forward.

Kenneth
07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
would be keen in about a month :P

Louis
07-01-2006, 11:56 PM
I am interested!.
Slightly off topic but is the fuel pump in a pre 1998 vr4 different to the feul pump in a post 1998? (Racers Edge website says for vr4 pre 1998!)

dreamer
08-01-2006, 02:25 AM
I'm keen now - just need to wait for next months pay check!
:thumbsup: