PDA

View Full Version : Video - Dyno run from today

ghanda
07-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Being a little curious as to what my car is putting out, I took it down to my good friends at AmD who playing with my Golf at the moment (Overbored to 1.9, new JE Pistons, expecting 380+bhp, but that's another story!) to see what she's putting out.

A '96 Leggy, 54K, and the only mods came with it - a de-cat and a Fujisurbo exhuast. It's about to go off the road for a few mods (some listed in my sig...some not :evil2: ) so I thought it would be good to get a bench-mark.

Makes interesting reading. Gary (The Dyno operator) always has fun with autos, so that would explain a few of the err...'bumps'. I'll scan the plots later, but this afternoon I've tried to make a Rolling Road video look interesting :)

20Mb, about 2 mins download on Broadband. Enjoy :thumbsup:

www.mrkiv.nildram.co.uk/Webtemp/vrdyno.wmv

Japow
07-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Superb! Wish I could shoot video like that. Engine seems quite healthy...

psbarham
07-01-2006, 08:26 PM
great video mate :thumbsup: crap musical taste though :smug: , where did you get the headlight flashers from , they would look so cool on my spot lights behind the grill :-policema /grr , engine seems quite healthy as well :thumbsup:

pezza
07-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Top stuff "G" :D

Liked the vid and the soundtrack.. don't listen to PSB :leer: (Beastie Boys over Herbie Hancock's choon "ROCKIT" with a bit of INXS) /Hmmm

Anyways good figures there dude.. very similar to what I got at power engineering at .6 - .7ish...

Love the shot of the brakes thru the wheels there....

Oh... and yer HIDS rock m8! :thumbsup:

AllBeItMine
07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
where do the porsche brembos come from?

also - why do you guys always get your readings "at the engine" ?

nobody knows exactly what the correction percentage should be through loss at the drivetrain???

WildCards
07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Excellent vid, good music too. So an exhaust, de-cat and decent juice has given you a little over 12bhp, thats sounds good to me, is it better than you expected?

psbarham
07-01-2006, 10:49 PM
where do the porsche brembos come from?

also - why do you guys always get your readings "at the engine" ?

nobody knows exactly what the correction percentage should be through loss at the drivetrain???
basically they drop the car into neutral at full chat and do a 'run down' , during which the dyno works out the losses through the transmission system :thumbsup:

AllBeItMine
07-01-2006, 10:54 PM
basically they drop the car into neutral at full chat and do a 'run down' , during which the dyno works out the losses through the transmission system :thumbsup:

ahhhhh - so there is an actual 'acurate' way of measuring it. i didn't realise. thats quite cool.

its good to know that the power figures at the engine that mitsi quote are actually reasonably acurate.

would be interesting to do the same with a so called '206kw' late model evo and see what they actually are standard...

bradc
08-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Motor did a dyno run of an EVO9 and got 159kw at the wheels, which interestingly is the same as my car with the exhaust mods.

Nice video by the way

AllBeItMine
08-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Motor did a dyno run of an EVO9 and got 159kw at the wheels, which interestingly is the same as my car with the exhaust mods.

Nice video by the way

thats interesting. i've seen dyno plots for the evo9 which are 212kw the wheels... which would line up with the progressive way all the other evos from the 5 onwards have been heading towards.

evo5 = 170ish
evo6 = 175ish
evo7 = 180ish
evo8 = 190ish
evo9+MIVEC = 210ish

bradc
08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
that was in the december 2005 issue if you're interested. The Subaru WRX STI got 157kw, it is the newest one with the ugly grill

Spirit
08-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Great video mate :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to hear the full glory of a VR4 noise on a RR, take a look in the video depository here : http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9288

There's footage of my old VR4 and my current VR4. My old one at the time was 303bhp and 290+ torque. Did have a boost controller as well as de-cat and super drager though.

Turn up your sound and enjoy

AllBeItMine
08-01-2006, 07:33 PM
that was in the december 2005 issue if you're interested. The Subaru WRX STI got 157kw, it is the newest one with the ugly grill

yeap.... i don't believe either of them. :scholar:

Nick Mann
08-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Good video Gary, and I enjoyed the music!

Can these guys play with unichips? I would like to find someone who is recommended and is able to talk to the unichip I have on my car.

SGHOM
08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Great video mate :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to hear the full glory of a VR4 noise on a RR, take a look in the video depository here : http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9288

There's footage of my old VR4 and my current VR4. My old one at the time was 303bhp and 290+ torque. Did have a boost controller as well as de-cat and super drager though.

Turn up your sound and enjoy

& here you can see Mo's, Dave's & mine !! :smug: /yes
after much effort, getting peeps to sit in the back to keep the wheels moving, I recorded 333 bhp !! /yes :smug: :smug:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9097

Wouter
08-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice Video Gary

Looking forward to seeing the next one!! :thumbsup: