PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with Earl from USA

Physician
08-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Photos from Hopwood Services:

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/hopwood/a.JPG

(and now change the URL from 'a' to 'b', 'c' etc up to 'j' for all photos - no 'i')

Big Ian
08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
/help
ehh!! i could post a caption but.... i like being part of this club :smug:
http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/hopwood/e.JPG

ANTHONY
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
i see you lasted then derek. should have used the patches (or are you just warming your hands)

ANTHONY
08-01-2006, 05:40 PM
which one IS Earl?

WildCards
08-01-2006, 05:57 PM
which one IS Earl?

The American one!.

ANTHONY
08-01-2006, 06:06 PM
The American one!. cheers/Hmmm all is now clear /pan

WildCards
08-01-2006, 06:09 PM
/help

I think it's time i got my hair cut. Looking a bit TinTin today (I'm on the right). Ian, i don't know what your talking about /pan

Good to meet everyone, thanks to Richard (for the coffee and convoy this morning) sorry we didn't see you later in the day and to Kieran and Nick for giving me a hot seat ride in their cars /Steeringw . Between the eight of you I got a good look and feel of the VR4's, very impressed how yours felt Nick for a 130k mile car, still felt like new, hope you get to the bottom of your smoking rear end :evil2:

It was weird to be meeting people for the first time that i already feel I know.

ABE, sorry, Earl is wearing the black cap.

Steve

ANTHONY
08-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Ahhh so this must be Earl with BDA

Kieran
08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Ahhh so this must be Earl with BDA

Yep! :thumbsup:

Brunty
08-01-2006, 07:14 PM
/help

I don't know how you could suggest such a thing - I'm only trying to slip Steve a length of pipe!

Nick Mann
08-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Good to say hello to some new faces and some old. /wave Thanks Brunty for getting us all off our arses for a weekend of poor jokes and pub food! :thumbsup: I must remember to rib you endlessly about your leadership skills!! :P

SGHOM
08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
great day again with CVR4 ! /yes /yes
A big thanx to Steve for organising all of it, & a great big thanx to Earl, for coming all the way from the US of A to join us. /yes :thumbsup: [ puts some of you members to shame, who cant even make it across the road !! /grr ]

A lovely pub meal also..... even though the pub was 45 mins & 27 miles from our original destination !! /help well........... actually...... the pub was across the road !! It just took some of us 45 mins & 27 miles to find it !! :embarasse :embarasse

here's my token piccies . /Steeringw /Steeringw

SGHOM
08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
And a couple more.

/edited to remove french bus !! :evil2: /pan /pan

Earl
08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
A very big thank you to all who showed up Sat. & Sun. It was great meeting you all. If all works out right will post a few pictures. If any in the club are ever in Washington State be sure and drop in for a stay and a look around. Cheers and a Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone. :thumbsup:

richy rich
08-01-2006, 08:37 PM
thank you all for a great night and day out :thumbsup:

earl thank you for coming over and meeting some of us it is so good to put faces to names. :thumbsup:

thanks again to brunty for organising the meet & nick and vick for putting up with me again.

good day of driving round getting lost and seeing the country.

heres a couple of picks i took.

SGHOM
08-01-2006, 08:47 PM
good day of driving round getting lost and seeing the country.

getting lost ?? us ?? no way !! /help :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

WildCards
08-01-2006, 09:53 PM
great day again with CVR4 ! /yes /yes
A big thanx to Steve for organising all of it, & a great big thanx to Earl, for coming all the way from the US of A to join us.

:thinking2

What he said

And a couple more.

/edited to remove french bus !! :evil2: /pan /pan

What French bus, just looks like a turd from here? :drummer:

ariddell
08-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Cheers for a good one guys, a most enjoyable day.....

Sorry to have spoiled the apparent silver/black car colour rule though, i'll try to be more coordinated next time ;)

As for the caption, i'd be more concerned about what is being talked about here?...... Possibly the length of that de-cat pipe..... /Hmmm

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/hopwood/b.JPG

WildCards
08-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Cheers for a good one guys, a most enjoyable day.....

Sorry to have spoiled the apparent silver/black car colour rule though, i'll try to be more coordinated next time ;)

As for the caption, i'd be more concerned about what is being talked about here?...... Possibly the length of that de-cat pipe..... /Hmmm

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/hopwood/b.JPG

Something along the lines of:

K: "He told me it would do 26mpg"
A: "No, more like 20"
K: "Right thats it, hes not having one of those then"

/pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan :joker:

Nick Mann
08-01-2006, 10:13 PM

/grr /pan /Hissy

WildCards
08-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Derek, I've adjusted the image you attached earlier in the post. I think you'll find this one to be much better. :thumbsup: :joker:

Steve

Kieran
08-01-2006, 11:41 PM

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: ;)

Physician
09-01-2006, 02:09 AM
Ahem! Subsequent to posting the photos I fell asleep and just got up :embarasse

Didn't get much sleep last night is my excuse.

My apologies to all of you, and most especially Earl, for leaving early. Brunty (Steve) gave me perfect directions to the pub village and when I plugged it into my satnav it came up as "Shustoke (Birmingham)". I followed the shortest route via the M6 but when I reached spaghetti junction it directed me westwards, which I knew was incorrect but I guessed that maybe the direct route was blocked or whatever ....... anyway I reached the satnav 'destination' almost in the center of Birmingham and after playing some more with it, gave up. After looking at Brunty's atlas/map I knew that Shustoke was east of Birmingham and so had a drive in that direction but found no signs to the place and gave up completely.

Anyway, great to meet you all again as well as our guest from over the pond. Hope you have a safe journey back and some good memories of our little club meet Earl.

And to whomever lead us through that muddy patch at the Motorbike Museum - thanks, my car needs washing AGAIN now /pan :joker:

Kieran
09-01-2006, 09:19 AM
And to whomever lead us through that muddy patch at the Motorbike Museum - thanks, my car needs washing AGAIN now /pan :joker:

/yes /yes /yes /help /grr

Brunty
09-01-2006, 03:07 PM
1. CVR4 line-up at Hopwood Services
2. Whose car?
3. {Judy Garland}..and what a wonderful wizard he was!{/Judy Garland}
4. Traffic lights, roundabout, VR4s - so at least once during the day we all drove together.

Brunty
09-01-2006, 03:10 PM
5. Yup - that engine fits inside that bike.
6. If BDA rode bikes
7. If SGHOM rode trials (the rider has a lit fag in his mouth while navigating a boulder strewn stream - class!)
8. One for bernmc.