Simon
17-09-2003, 01:49 PM
probably an Ice Cream Van!:)

Simon
17-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon
17-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Calling all MODERATORS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant seen to get the picture size down of number 2 can you resize for us, thanks.:rolleyes:

BraindG
17-09-2003, 02:49 PM
looks fine to me simon?

Nick VR4
17-09-2003, 03:47 PM
nice pics :)

I reckon if you were to change the color of that intake to blue and match it with another one the other side
You would have people definitely getting out your way on Motorways thinkign you were :lolice: :lolice: :D ;)

Simon
17-09-2003, 03:58 PM
i resized it three times....but my picture on my pc shows the first size....about 12'' x 16'' !!!! does my computer have a memory to remember the original picture!! :Ponder: I'll hit the refresh button

Simon
17-09-2003, 04:00 PM
hitting the refresh button worked! now off to get some blue paint and may be a blue neon;)

Nick VR4
17-09-2003, 04:01 PM
Its probably using cache to view it
Looks fine on my PC

Spirit
17-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Nice pics Simon mate !

Brind
17-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Great pics!
What is it with helmits inside proper cars though that make heads look ginormous! :D I know you both don't have large heads so I feel safe commenting on it. :D

Nick VR4
17-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Brind
Great pics!
What is it with helmits inside proper cars though that make heads look ginormous! :D I know you both don't have large heads so I feel safe commenting on it. :D

They thought they were astronauts :D VR4 are like the space shuttle :cool: :D

EdmundVR4
17-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Looking good Simon !
Do you use your street tires and/or brake pads for your track days ? What about race gas or octane boosters ? Running higher boost ? What mods do you have ? Tell us a little about your track day experience.
I have "autocross" this Sunday. I use Toyo Proxes RA1 tires & a bit of Toluene to increase octane so I can run safely in our 35-40*C heat.
I've just installed some Energy Suspension bushings....hope it helps me handle a bit better & run a quicker time.
It's great to see a VR4 on the track.
Ed

Brind
17-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
They thought they were astronauts :D VR4 are like the space shuttle :cool: :D

LOL

What's worse is that a VR-4 is a pretty big car and yet it still looks odd, imagine two people in a Mini.. you'd be knocking helmits all the time. :D

Simon
23-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Actually i have got a big head! :D You're right no matter the size of the car...once you've a helmet on you look a right wally!:rolleyes: A MR2 t-bar had its roof panels off and the tops of their helmets were out the top!

To Edmund VR4 ...the car is standard apart from air filter and exchaust...and a heavy right foot:D My wish list is for grooved disks and race pads. The tyres and wheels are standard. Still have some tread left:rolleyes: I would like to keep the 16'' wheels for the track and some 17'' for the road/for show. inside information from these track days is the bigger wheels wont give as much feed back to whats happening etc.....the subarus etc and even GTR R32 change down their wheels once they get to the track.

Only down side with the road tyres i have INSERT INTO post VALUES (Avon tyres) is they "squeel" under pressure on the corners.. sounds like your out of control...but it gets all the spectaters looking....hoping you lose it...it might have something to do with the amount of tyre cleaner i put on the tyre walls.

Track days are addictive....but you have to build up slowly or you make a fool of yourself INSERT INTO post VALUES (see pictures of CCC in picys section...New BMW written off) You have no sense of speed on a track thats 4-6 cars wide....you think your doing 50mph and its probably 80mph.....even AYc cant help you then

EdmundVR4
24-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Simon,
Please get yourself a boost controller ! Just today I switched off my Apexi Boost Controller so that I could re-experience stock boost levels. Couldn't stand it for more than five minutes. 3 or 4 psi more boost makes a big difference...you will love it ! And it's safe !
Last Sunday I raced in Solodex INSERT INTO post VALUES (Autocross) and I used a 30% mix of Toluene to increase the octane on the 95 RON petrol available here. For me it made a great difference... I was able to turn up the boost a little and the car was feeling very strong. The ECU liked the fuel...no pinging & no ignition retarding.

Simon
28-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Apexi Boost controller....................:)

zedy1
28-09-2003, 11:51 PM
waiting in the post for it :D