PDA

View Full Version : New rear wing - should I?????

Slimshady
12-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok I need your honest opinions please:
Just got hold of my new rear wing (EVO 7 style) fully adjustable – not painted (yet)
Should this be fitted to a Galant?

Case for the prosecution:
1) The wife doesn’t like it
2) It may reduce fuel consumption
3) Takes a bit of the stealth out of the car
4) This is a real wing – i.e. it is flat on top and curved underneath with pitch adjustment – this could make the car very tail heavy.

Case fore the defence:
1) What the hell dose she know about cars – it’s not a bad colour and it has a stereo – also it’s my car not hers.
2) Reduce the fuel consumption – it can’t get much worst
3) It might take a bit of the stealth out of the car but it will certainly turn heads (possibly stomachs – added by old git at work)
4) Mmmm as an engineer I do have a slight concern at speeds – anyone else fitted one.

Anyway let the jury (you guys) decide:

Should I fit it or not

Photos of it placed on the car:

Slim

michaeli
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I put no... but I meant yes....

I wouldn't put it on (hence me putting no)

However, there are 4 for and 3 against... do it!!! and ignore me and your wife!! /pan

your married anyway, it's not as if the threat of no sex would make a difference... LOL

Kalle
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I really like that wing on the galant!

Check out my picture gallery of Galant/Legnum
http://www.soederman.se/colt/pictures3.html

There's one galant there that is awesome with such a wing and a modified rear
http://www.soederman.se/colt/images/GalantGalleri/galant38.jpg

http://www.soederman.se/colt/images/GalantGalleri/galant34.jpg

Go all the way and modify the rear as on the pictures! Looks great!

Hmm noticed that it is not exactly the same wing, but atleast similar

Slimshady
12-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Mmmmmm now that looks proper nice – ok getting convinced

Slimshady
12-01-2006, 10:41 PM
I put no... but I meant yes....

I wouldn't put it on (hence me putting no)

However, there are 4 for and 3 against... do it!!! and ignore me and your wife!! /pan

your married anyway, it's not as if the threat of no sex would make a difference... LOL

Very true!!!! /pan /pan /pan

Slim

Nick VR4
12-01-2006, 10:45 PM
No dont like it

Depending on where you live some Chav might try to pull it off to put on his Nova

lboots
12-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I,ve got one everyone seems to like, as for MPG hmmmmmmmmmmm

Slimshady
12-01-2006, 10:54 PM
No dont like it

Depending on where you live some Chav might try to pull it off to put on his Nova

Ok had a bit of fun with the old git at work – this is what we done to his car

I think you would agree this is one place not to install an EVO wing:

Nick VR4
12-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Ok had a bit of fun with the old git at work – this is what we done to his car

I think you would agree this is one place not to install an EVO wing:

PMSL :thumbsup:

Funkstar
12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
I'd have to say no. Looks ok in coltkalle's pics as the car is seriously modded anyway.

If this was just the start on the bodywork mods and you were gonna enhance the rest of the car then defo. But on its own I think it just looks out of place.

Just my opinion anyway.

ANTHONY
12-01-2006, 11:44 PM
sorry but NO BUT NO BUT NO

Kieran
12-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Nah, doesn't look right on a Galant. Looks right on an EVO, think it makes the Galant a bit Chavvy.... /help

psbarham
12-01-2006, 11:55 PM
theres a silver V6 sport in kings lynn with an evo spoiler on it and it does not look good so i voted

NO!!!!!!!

Big Ian
13-01-2006, 12:02 AM
unsure /Hmmm i like the EVO VI spoiler better on a Galant with it's extra lower ledge.

so! :inquisiti ive been no help?

coltkalle, that's a very nice Gallery of modded Galant's/Legnum's you have ...... :embarasse made me miss mine again /yes

OSiRiS
13-01-2006, 12:09 AM
NO.

UNLESS you have a full body kit, then it will suit.

UP TO YOU.

Slimshady
13-01-2006, 12:13 AM
unsure /Hmmm i like the EVO VI spoiler better on a Galant with it's extra lower ledge.

so! :inquisiti ive been no help?

coltkalle, that's a very nice Gallery of modded Galant's/Legnum's you have ...... :embarasse made me miss mine again /yes

I might be wrong but I thought your old Galant had an EVO wing – if it wasn’t you then I am mistaken for someone that had a silver Galant with one

Correct me if I’ am wrong

Slim

OSiRiS
13-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Galant Super VR4's have an Evo 5 / 6 style wing standard which I think suits it alot better.

Big Ian
13-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Slimshady
i fitted a VR4 rear spoiler :thumbsup:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500686_164_full.jpg

RED + Rally 205's VR4 with an EVO 6 spoiler (japfest 05)
http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=yc5yak&outx=400&quality=70

Wouter
13-01-2006, 08:50 AM
I vote that you sell this spoiler and get a VR4 one! :thumbsup:

Spirit
13-01-2006, 10:29 AM
No from me too, just don't like it on the Galant.......and currently 83% of votes agree /Hmmm

ritch_w
13-01-2006, 10:36 AM
you really need the bodykit, front bumper and 17" alloys, and a vr4 engine to match.......

sorry :embarasse

MTB
13-01-2006, 10:46 AM
is it a sin to vote otherwise? :evil2:

cos i voted *YES*!!!

take a look at the ride of our member (rear & front)... :thumbsup:

RED
13-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I know I'm probably the last person to give this answer considering my rear end but I said no. Don't like them at all but that's my pesonal opinion. I would try to add something else with the spoiler though so as not to make the rear end stand out like a boil on your bum /Hmmm

Big Ian
13-01-2006, 01:16 PM
I know I'm probably the last person to give this answer considering my rear end but I said no. Don't like them at all but that's my pesonal opinion. I would try to add something else with the spoiler though so as not to make the rear end stand out like a boil on your bum /Hmmm

:inquisiti no to the EVO VII type or are you talking about your own spoiler to??

michaeli
13-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I am a bigger fan of the lower Evo spoliers that some Galants have..

I personally think they look better on the evo's and better on the galants..

There are alot of NO's but they are personal preference choices, your preference is the one that counts....

The Beauty of having your own car is doing what you want to it, having it individual to you, if you think it looks good then do it, lifes too short to regret not trying something out..... (At least that's what blokes tell their wives... :inquisiti )

EdmundVR4
13-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I've seen the EVO 4 wing on 8G Galants & it looks great. Can't say the same for the Evo 7 wing. NO.

RED
13-01-2006, 03:33 PM
:inquisiti no to the EVO VII type or are you talking about your own spoiler to??

No not mine just the evo 7 one I'm not keen on. I think it looks to scoobyish. Even if I'd have gone off mine do you think I'd have the balls to tell that to Marcus /help he'd /pan into this side of next week.

(off topic - got the rear suspension on so I'll have to take a couple of pics of my new rear profile :rolleyes4 )

richy rich
13-01-2006, 05:34 PM
baaa baaa i vote no to follow every one else. :joker:

that looks like it will be murder to reverse

and it doesn't look right with the tow bar on it.

Paul Beazer
13-01-2006, 06:12 PM
sorry mate, no. I my opinion it makes the car look like a wannabe evo or scooby. You'll end up looking like you're trying too hard. Defo think if you're going for a rear spoiler to get something lower (the Vr4 on Ians old GLS looks good without drawing too much attention to itself!)

ShadyNZer
14-01-2006, 11:45 AM
i say no, i got a wing but ill prolly take it off once i get a different rear bumper

Slimshady
15-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Ok I think you guys have made your point – an evo rear wing is a bit too big for my galant.

Although this wasn’t what I wanted to hear I value all of your comments – so thank you all for taking the time to read and vote on this thread.

I now have only two options – sell the wing – so if anyone out there wants to make a serious offer please make it now. Or offer me a part exchange on a sport / VR4 wing – preferably the same colour as mine so we can simply swap boots and save you messing up your boot.

If I can’t sell the wing I may be forced to fit it so if you are passionate about me not fitting it please help out.

Thanks again

Slim

bradc
15-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Someone might have a VR-4 wing on their car that they might want to swap with you for, without swapping any $$$.

I think it looks ok though, but you do need a VR-4 body kit to make it look right for the car. I think it looks great on the facelift one from Hong Kong.

ShadyNZer
19-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Ok I think you guys have made your point – an evo rear wing is a bit too big for my galant.

Although this wasn’t what I wanted to hear I value all of your comments – so thank you all for taking the time to read and vote on this thread.

I now have only two options – sell the wing – so if anyone out there wants to make a serious offer please make it now. Or offer me a part exchange on a sport / VR4 wing – preferably the same colour as mine so we can simply swap boots and save you messing up your boot.

If I can’t sell the wing I may be forced to fit it so if you are passionate about me not fitting it please help out.

Thanks again

Slim
if u like it, fit it on, dont have to go by what we say.....its your car bro, should do what u want with it whether we like it or not...as long as youre happy with it and the way it looks then should worry bout everyone else, at the end of the day ur not modding it out for sombody else so might as well do what makes ya happy bolts...what i reckon anyways :thumbsup:
heres mine, not an evo7 one but wings are still alright...too big?? probably but its what i liked at the time, plus it came standard with it when i bought it
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=1124

amsoil
19-01-2006, 02:39 PM
I vote no as if it does work it will push the back down and could make the car a tad unstable. you could fit a splitter at the front to counter this. If it doesn't work whats the point?

Slimshady
22-01-2006, 12:31 AM
if u like it, fit it on, dont have to go by what we say.....its your car bro, should do what u want with it whether we like it or not...as long as youre happy with it and the way it looks then should worry bout everyone else, at the end of the day ur not modding it out for sombody else so might as well do what makes ya happy bolts...what i reckon anyways :thumbsup:
heres mine, not an evo7 one but wings are still alright...too big?? probably but its what i liked at the time, plus it came standard with it when i bought it
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=1124

Thanks for that m8, I don’t think I can sell it on this site so I may have to fit it.

By the way yours look fantastic – I know my car is not a VR4 but hay its what you do with it that counts.

I am now on the look out for a nose job – perhaps if I can make the front look good as my ass then I might get away with it. Ohh I need bigger wheels and new suspension.
Different thread I think.

Slim

ShadyNZer
25-01-2006, 05:31 AM
shot :thumbsup: