PDA

View Full Version : 269 animals rescued from house

Nick VR4
18-09-2003, 01:40 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/3118510.stm

These people should be billed for this :mad: or go to prison

More than 250 animals kept in "absolutely disgusting" conditions have been seized from a house in Lancashire.
The RSPCA said the rescue of the pets from the house in Carnforth is the biggest seizure in the history of the charity and 26 staff took two days to complete it.

Officers rescued 244 dogs, 16 parrots, seven cats, a rabbit and a chinchilla from the three-bedroomed property. Some of the animals were crammed in to the basement and loft.

A middle-aged couple, who own the house, have been interviewed by RSPCA inspectors.

A local source described conditions at the house as "absolutely and utterly disgusting".

Animals examined

Environmental health officers have now also visited the property.

Some of the animals needed treatment from two vets, who were brought in by the charity to check the animals over.

The haul of dogs included shih-tzus, dachshunds, lhasa apsos, bearded collies, corgis, chihuahuas, poodles, pekinese and Yorkshire terriers.

The birds included a macaw, Amazonian parrot and an African Grey.

All the animals have been taken to various RSPCA animal centres across the country, following the seizure on 10 September.

Kieran
18-09-2003, 07:09 PM
:mad: :mad: They should be put down....

The owners that is... Makes me sick!:grr: :grr:

Brind
18-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Oh man that is sick! :INSERT INTO post VALUES (
I am very much an animal lover and hate to hear things like that.
Problem is, all of those animals will have suffered some trauma and will probably never be trusting of humans again, it's totally ruined their lives.

There is a house up the road from me who has a house full of cats, the RSPCA took away 25 a while ago and a couple of weeks ago took another 25! :eek: they just keep breeding and you always see one that is pregnant.
You always see some in the street crapping in peoples gardens and sitting on car bonnets etc.. if I see one in my garden, no matter how much of an animal lover I am, I find it hard not to pick them off with a BB Gun. :D I don't see why I should have to put up with cat shti in my garden and claw scratch marks on my cars.