PDA

View Full Version : Stereo WIring Colour Code

pickigar
18-09-2003, 03:04 PM
I am currently replacing the standard jap radio for a Carion Double Din Head unit. Does anybody what the colour coding is for the wiring to the stereo connector? It would save me hours of using a meter to bell out all the wires. If I end up doing that I will note them down for any future reference.

Thanks

Gary

BraindG
18-09-2003, 03:29 PM
if I had my car I would tell you..
but.. I do remember that the yellow from my stereo went into the orange in the car.. im pretty sure I don't even use the yellow in the car.... then red to red - black was on screw somewhere at the back..

then the speakers are fairly self explanatory.. plug them in one at a time, and you can figure that out..

Brind
18-09-2003, 07:38 PM
You should be able to get an adapter that will connect the wires without having to know what they are, any ICE company should be able to locate one, that way you won't need to butcher the cables.

You should be able to cross reference the wires from one unit to another assuming there is a sticker to guide you which wire does what if you have them, on the top of the radios.
Use a multimeter to test the perminant live, switched live.
For the speakers you should find the wires from each speaker are close to each other in the connector that plugs into the headunit, then simply get an AA sized battery and connect each speaker in turn until you hear a little crackle from them.. then you know where to put that wire when you install your new head.

zedy1
18-09-2003, 10:47 PM
do what brind told you