PDA

View Full Version : Recaro seats

Roadrunner
17-04-2003, 04:01 PM
My car has the factory-option Sports trim with Recaro seats. For all the time I've had it, the seat reclining mechanism appears to "slip" over a relatively short space of time, resulting in my having to regularly adjust the seat back using the rotary knob to regain my preferred backrest position. I've lived with this for almost a year, so it doesn't give me a lot of grief, but it does occasionally niggle.

I emailed Recaro recently to ask whether they knew of the problem and, if so, whether there was a service kit to remedy it, and have just received their response below:

Unfortunately, we only deal in aftermarket seats. It sounds as if the seats you have in your car were put in originally in which case you would need to return to your original manufacturer. Alternatively, if you can see a part number on the part of the seat which is not working correctly, I can check if it is one our computer recognises, if so we can get them from Germany, if not it is unlikely that we would be able to get these parts.

Does anyone have any experience of this and how they fixed it? I guess my next port of call is my friendly dealer ;)

Brian

Brind
07-05-2003, 07:12 PM
I've also got the Recaros, not sure if they slip, but then I haven't driven any long distances yet.

Just a quick question about the Racaros in general:

Can the seat be raised up??
I'm about 6' tall but the back slopes down quite abit so I can't see the outer wings of the bonnet, just the raised shape in the middle.
Very comfortable seats but I'm just sitting so low in it. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Roadrunner
08-05-2003, 08:26 AM
There's no height adjustment on my Recaros.

Brian

Brind
08-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Bugger! :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Looks like I've gotta sit on a cushion like when I was a lickle kid.:D
Or just get used to it.

Roadrunner
09-05-2003, 10:32 AM
If you put the backrest up a bit INSERT INTO post VALUES (more vertical); it may help by raising your eye level a bit. Can take a bit of getting used to but actually can make you feel a bit more in control of the car too INSERT INTO post VALUES (look at the seating position of the works rally drivers - very upright). :)

Brian

Brind
10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
I've tried a few things, I guess the pillow is the only answer.:D

Or I'll get used to it..

Brind
19-05-2003, 12:50 AM
I've drivin the car quite a few times now and the height does bother me now, it isn't as low as I thought it was.:)

I just found this info on the MLR forum.
Dunno if you have fixed your problem yet but here you go, hope it helps.

Slipping recline on Recaro seats
Cars affected:
Most cars with Recaro seats

Symptom:
The recline adjustment on the Recaros gradually slips back over time requiring readjustment.

Problem and cure:
This is a known problem with Recaro seats fitted to the Evo’s and most other performance cars featuring Recaro’s. The recline adjustment clamp doesn’t secure itself correctly which leads to gradual slippage backwards and therefore readjustment every few days.
There is a fix for it from Recaro that requires the fitting of a replacement base frame. If you have an ‘official’ Ralliart car then the fix can be arranged if the car is still under warranty, ask your Mitsubishi/Ralliart dealer to contact Darren Hughes at Mitsubishi UK and the replacement parts can be arranged to be fitted. For non official cars or cars outside of the warranty then contact Recaro UK directly to arrange for the parts to be delivered, the car owner will have to arrange fitting.
Contact Recaro in the UK on 01926 484111.

Recaro UK Ltd.,
Unit F7,
Holly Farm Business Park,
Honiley,
Warwickshire,
CV8 1NP.

OSiRiS
14-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I've never had a problem?!

If you want to raise the height of the seats, I'm sure you can add some washer spacers under the seat rails where the bolt to the car. That'll remedy your low slung position :)

andy43
14-10-2005, 09:06 AM
If you need spare bits for the recaros, try Capital Seating - they do all the spare parts - the recaros fitted to the VR4s are either recaro trend or sportline I think - the reclining mechanism should be standard? There's pics on their website to identify the seat type.
I'm sure I've seen a repair kit that doesn't involve having to buy half a new seat /Hmmm
Reason I know all this is I've been after a pair of recaros for mine... ebay strikes again :happy: £130 for a pair of tatty Vectra GSi recaros (very similar if not identical design), £40 for evo III subframes (not quite right, but enough useful bits on 'em)... just need a leather retrim on the recaros now :rolleyes4

Edited to add http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=419&type=s&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=61 might be the right bit?

OSiRiS
14-10-2005, 09:23 AM
I thought they were "Recaro Style" seats?

Nick Mann
14-10-2005, 09:37 AM
They are recaros, not 'recaro style'!

This thread is two years old?!?!? :rolleyes4

Andy - good luck with the seat swap!

OSiRiS
14-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Oh sorry didn't see the original post date!

andy43
14-10-2005, 11:17 AM
... probably be two years before I get these seats in anyway :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
14-10-2005, 05:06 PM
... probably be two years before I get these seats in anyway :rolleyes4

If someone would be good enough to BTT this thread in 2007, then maybe you can let us know!! :rolleyes4

OSiRiS
22-12-2005, 11:59 AM
They are recaros, not 'recaro style'!

I meant that as in that is the actual name of the seat. Recaro Style.

/pan