PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna be a big kid and build a 1/10 radio control car?

Brind
18-09-2003, 08:22 PM
I saw an advert on TV for a new maganzine which you can build your own radio control car from parts you receive every week.
The first issue is £1.99 and the following mags are £4.99 every week.. yet to read the mag to find out how long for but judgin by the amount you get in issue one, it doesn't seem to be a quick series.

The first issue started this week sometime so you have time to get it still, otherwise I'm sure they'll do back copys.

It's a proper car too with proper servos, suspenion etc. The only downside if you consider it a downside is that it is a Suburu Impreza WRC the new shape one with the bug eyes.

Since I'm an impulse buyer money permitting I just had to buy this mag!!! and live my childhood days again.. that coming from a 24 yearold. :D

You may have to ask for it as I had to, it isn't the usual mag size with a bag on the front but a huge pice of card with a pouch for the mags and plastic case with the first parts.

Go on buy one!!! :D we could bring them to a future meet and race them while they have a little meet for themselves LOL! *ahem* :o

Brind
18-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Oh yeah it's called:

Radio Control
Build and drive a real Champion Rally Car.
'DeAGOSTINI'

Kieran
18-09-2003, 08:29 PM
I too saw this, but I think there's about 45 issues or something? Is £225 a good price for a Radio car?:Ponder: :confused:

Brind
18-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Christ! didn't know there was that many issues. :eek:

Oh well see what happens.
Found their website here for more info: http://www.deagostini.co.uk/radiocontrolcar/index.php

Nick VR4
18-09-2003, 09:07 PM
To be honest you would be better off going to a Model shop
and buying one outright and build it
Getting 2 or 3 pieces every week would drive me up the wall
:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Kieran
18-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Yes - It's 45 issues. Just found it on the FAQ on their website.

Brind
18-09-2003, 09:42 PM
I agree about getting the bits slowly but if you subscribe you get it monthly instead and get 4 mags and parts at a time.

The price is high but I've just done a search and found many at around £200 without as many features as this one..
Plus the advantage of buying a higher priced radio control car in stages is easier on the flow of cash.

tunes
18-09-2003, 09:54 PM
I have built a few 1/10 RD cars over the years but generally i buy them as a set then put them together rather than waiting for bits to arrive each week/month. Been busting my ass to find a 1/10 RC Legnum VR-4 but have had no luck :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

SGHOM
18-09-2003, 10:18 PM
oh my god !!! with 4 teenage kids, I've had more remote control cars than I care to mention !!! does the phase , wear's, novelty, & off come in to it ?? two weeks of "childhood returns" & then It's WTF did I buy that for , :mad: if you want, I'll rumage through my loft, & then you can all have one. EACH !!! :D :D

Brind
18-09-2003, 11:54 PM
LOL!!

I've gone and subscribed anyhow. :D
It gives me an excuse to take so long to do something.
Can't be all that bad really you get so called 'Free' gifts which I'll tell myself I'm paying for due to how much the series is gonna cost even though it obviously isn't free anyway. :)

I'm just waiting for them trngrvtvg to go banckrupt 3/4 of the way through! knowing my luck that will happen. :D