PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart????

mitzylongboy
16-01-2006, 11:10 PM
anyone else agree with me, this isn't a genuine ralliart legnum especially at this price. looks nice though.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LEGNUM&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=nr1+4qb&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=5&distance=204&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200603220901688

Nick Mann
16-01-2006, 11:17 PM
It is not a UK car. Ralliart is the tuning arm of Mitsubishi, so it may be that this has some accessories that warrant the name. I think Super VR4's came with a Ralliart back-box for example. It could also be that the seller is attaching the name to help plug the sale, not knowing that people in the know will assume it to mean something else.

When you have a butchers, let us know!

andy43
16-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Same opinion here - too old for a uk car as well, they only started bringing them in 'officially' about 1999?
Might be worth looking at though, if it has been tricked out with some japanese ralliart tuning bits, instead of a couple of £5 ebay stickers

Yoda
17-01-2006, 12:19 AM
That's 2 cars that you guys have posted up from Autotrader that don't appear within my national searches. How peculiar, wonder how many I'm missing.

Robert.

zedy1
17-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Same opinion here - too old for a uk car as well, they only started bringing them in 'officially' about 1999?
Might be worth looking at though, if it has been tricked out with some japanese ralliart tuning bits, instead of a couple of £5 ebay stickers

i had a galant vr4 bought in by colt car company in 1997 /Hmmm

ghanda
17-01-2006, 12:27 AM
What's a 'genuine ralliart legnum' ?!

BraindG
17-01-2006, 03:50 AM
What's a 'genuine ralliart legnum' ?!
Technically all vr4's are official ralliart - Mitsubishi went to them, with a legnum, and a galant.. and said, oi.. make these faster.. and thus the vr4 was born. /Hmmm

Unless your referring to a geniune UK import, compared to a grey, in which case thats a completly differnt story

Nick Mann
17-01-2006, 11:13 AM
In the UK an official Ralliart car is deemed to be one of the 200 that were brought in officially and registered new by Mitsubishi UK. They tend to stand out with a Ralliart badge on the back, the foglight in the bumper which is the same as official Evo imports but most importantly a service book with the dealer stamp for pre-delivery check and the 1000 mile check.

It is a bad description really, as the Ralliart name relates to so many different things.