PDA

View Full Version : Mann Residence Meet

WildCards
21-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Pics of the 'teeny weeny meet' held today at Nicks house.

Nick and Brunty were giving the cars a good service, and i turned up to ask loads of questions, drink coffee and wash Brunty's wheels.

Pis are as follows:

1. Despite the trolley jack, Brunty was actually holding the car up himself
2. Special request from Steve to add this one :thumbsup:
3. Soopa Doopa clean wheels as per me using Nicks specially brewed acid'o'hell
4. The cheeky chappies don't luck glum as i head off into the night with the only working car...if you don't count Nicks or Vickies.

BraindG
21-01-2006, 08:31 PM
looks like you got most of the oil on the ground :smug: /yes

Paul Beazer
21-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Helps keep it waterproof and stops it from being too grippy i believe!

Dan_G
21-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Please tell me you had axle stands under there somehwere.......

BraindG
21-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Please tell me you had axle stands under there somehwere.......

AXLE STANDS ARE FOR WIMPS! :D :inquisiti

Nick VR4
21-01-2006, 09:32 PM
3. Soopa Doopa clean wheels as per me using Nicks specially brewed acid'o'hell

Whats the recipe?????? I have tried loads of Alloy Cleaners and nothing works /grr

Kieran
21-01-2006, 10:41 PM
MY GOD!!! :speechles :speechles /JawDroppi /JawDroppi :o

Pictures of Steve doing something technical to his car!! :inquisiti I'm speechless!!/Devil5

BraindG
21-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Nick... been.. putting on some weight? :p

WildCards
22-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Whats the recipe?????? I have tried loads of Alloy Cleaners and nothing works /grr

Nick's own recipe mixed with my elbow grease. Came up a treat. Only if you leave it on too long it bu rns through the alloy :inquisiti :rolleyes4 /yes

bradc
22-01-2006, 04:17 AM
I would be interested in that recipe, my EVO 7 mags are still filthy from when I bought them.

WildCards
22-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Buggered if I can remember. Nick maybe able to shed some light on it though.

Comes in a black box, with a shiny silver panel called wheels something. Comes with a bottle and a brush AFAIK but Nick had a cap to poor it into, then brush it onto the wheel. Give it 20 seconds and rinse off, while scrubbing with a wheel brush thingy and hey presto, clean as a babies...

Brunty
22-01-2006, 11:32 PM
What a ckiNgf@ saga!

I think I was more of a hinderance than a help :embarasse ; and one single bolt conspired to add hours to the job /pan (pics and details elsewhere); however we also enjoyed a lovely roast and the car now feels noticably better.

Mann Residence Meet - Roll of Honour

Nick Mann - loan of car, knowledge, tools, time, hard graft, tools and perseverance
Vicky Mann - sunday roast, bacon rolls, tea & biscuits, Halfords
Wildcards - Hazchem and hose pipe
Tim (Nicks mate) - brake pedal operation and air
BDA - decat pipe
Polabear - braided brake hoses

Thanks one and all, especially Nick who provided way more assistance than I could have expected from someone I've know for a relatively short period of time (CVR4 Mann of the Year?)

Nick Mann
22-01-2006, 11:41 PM
lol!

Ruddy AYC clutch fill plug! Some stoopid fool had overtightened and damaged all the fill plugs on the car - especially the transfer and AYC clutch plugs. For those of you that have done the job, you'll know what a bee-atch that one is at the best of times. Suffice to say that we had to drop the rear axle and subframe to undo the sodding thing!

Approx five hours on one bolt!!

Steve has photos - I'm sure we will add them somewhere at some point.

The cleaner is an off the shelf product - can't remember the name, will look tomorrow. It contains hydrochloric acid and fizzes when applied to the alloy! It has a few warnings on it too!

Brunty
22-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Pictures of Steve doing something technical to his car!!
Kieran - the pics are in the wrong order, pic 2 I'm clearly asleep under the car, and pic 1 I'm angry at having been woken/discovered.

I'm speechless!!/Devil5
{Silence transcends ClubVR4 as the members savour this rare moment} :thumbsup:

Barry - Christmas has indeed taken it's toll on Nicks waistline :thumbsup: :smug: It looks worse in the picture because I'm only 9st!

Nick Mann
23-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Barry - Christmas has indeed taken it's toll on Nicks waistline :thumbsup: :smug: It looks worse in the picture because I'm only 9st!

/grr /pan

Kieran
23-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Ruddy AYC clutch fill plug! Some stoopid fool had overtightened and damaged all the fill plugs on the car - especially the transfer and AYC clutch plugs. For those of you that have done the job, you'll know what a bee-atch that one is at the best of times. Suffice to say that we had to drop the rear axle and subframe to undo the sodding thing!

OH YES.... Hate that frikkin' bolt! /grr My AYC is ready for changing again (err.... Overdue :embarasse ) this is the one job I always dread!!!!

Interestingly, for those who may have rounded/sheared fill plugs, I've ordered a complete new set of fill and drain plugs from my dealer - I don't want a rounded plug myself. Only one bolt was special order, and the rest are wairing for me to collect. I'll let you know prices and part nos when they arrive.

So what jobs did you get done over the weekend then guys?

I-S
23-01-2006, 12:23 AM
I swapped my indicators and thought about washing the car. I thought about doing all sorts of other things too, but only achieved cleaning the bathroom and bedroom, and cooking my own-recipe chili.

Brunty
23-01-2006, 12:30 AM
18k Service
fitted BDA decat pipe
fitted braided brake hoses
cleaned the wheels
straighted the kink in the rear skirt

We were massively hindered by the AYC fill plug - I'll put the photos up some time tomorrow - the lesson to be learnt is:

Ensure you can remove the fill plugs BEFORE you remove the drain plugs

/Hmmm I wonder what jobs Wildcards completed this weekend?

Kieran
23-01-2006, 12:36 AM
And what was in the 18K service? Just oil and AYC or was it filters and plugs too?

BraindG
23-01-2006, 09:34 AM
[list]
Ensure you can remove the fill plugs BEFORE you remove the drain plugs

:inquisiti - don't say it didnt come off? /grr

Nick Mann
23-01-2006, 10:47 AM
It came off. But after many hours of swearing, and then finally lowering the rear subframe off the car.

/grr

BraindG
23-01-2006, 10:59 AM
oh my, got there in the end though :p

Big Ian
23-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Ahem!
WONDER WHEELS

WildCards
23-01-2006, 11:57 AM
/Hmmm I wonder what jobs Wildcards completed this weekend?

Nothing of interest to you lot i'm sure :evil2:

Oh! Oh! - I replaced a headlight bulb in the bus while at Steve's - AND i did it all on my own :smug:

WildCards
23-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Ahem!
WONDER WHEELS

Yeah! that might well have been it actually :thumbsup:

HJM
23-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Great stuff - haven't found a better product and it always wins the top awards - not the cheapest, but definitely the best :thumbsup:

H