PDA

View Full Version : (NZ) Site Speed

BraindG
21-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Guys,

I was wondering how you are going for site speed/response times over there in NZ?

I will be making some changes to the site in the near future, they may entail some light graphic additions here and there. However id like the gauge how things are for you first, from which i can base some decisions.

I have provided a few options for you to choose from. If you have other comments please reply.

Thanks.

options:

less that 512kb connection
more than 512kb connection

Please note: this poll closes on the 12th of feb

bradc
22-01-2006, 04:40 AM
I've got a 56k connection at home, and a 2mb connection at work, at both places the pages take an age to load, there doesn't seem to be much of a differance in how they load at various times though.

I'm not terribly worried, I just open more windows, and go to other websites.

GroundControl
22-01-2006, 09:46 AM
2mbit home and work, site is almost never slow.

Even if you do add some graphical additions, they only need to be downloaded once then they'll come from the local browser cache and be nice and quick.

pagan
22-01-2006, 09:54 PM
30Mb at work, 2Mb at home - sometimes site does not respond, requesting page again usually helps, speed is average - not too slow

OSiRiS
22-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Never slow.

dreamer
22-01-2006, 10:56 PM
30Mb at work (fibre Optic), 2Mb at home (ADSL)

- sometimes site does not respond, requesting page again usually helps.
Othertimes site is quick and no delays.

KiwiTT
22-01-2006, 11:26 PM
No problems at both work 2MB and Home 2MB

VR4 MAD
23-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Generally no probs from either my work or home. Home is 2Mb cable connection and it's my old clunky PC and operating system (Win98 SE) that are the hold up there. /pan /grr :embarasse

Work is way better but not sure of our connection speed but much faster than home. :thumbsup: :happy:

Only very rarely do I get pages being slow or failing to load. So either reloading fixes it or I try again latter. /yes

All good really, just keep up the good work :smug: :scholar: /yes