PDA

View Full Version : Could do with a bit of advice regarding air induction.

Slimshady
22-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Brother-in-law came round today and we decided to have a bit of fun with the car – before I knew it he removed my air box just to see if the car would gain power.

Answer: not a lot but it did sound much better and also the air is restricted under the bonnet so I would like to try venting the air from other places. Anyway I could do with advice on induction and part numbers to replace the air filter K&N etc (what is the best / what do you use etc)

By the way I am a Design Engineer and just recently allocated to programme PLC,s (control engineer) although I have not programmed a Mitsubishi PLC I have worked on Alan Bradley & Omron PLC’s – today we connected my laptop to the ECU and received data over the com’s port – we could only see date flow coming out of the port but I am sure the ECU’s are similar to ladder logic PLC’s – Q. has anyone managed to see the ladder or managed to upload data to the ECU? – what software do we require?

Slim

Funkstar
22-01-2006, 01:26 AM
What I did last weekend was take the front air intake off, right back to the box and fit 2 cold air supplies to it. Used my Mum's old vacuum cleaner pipes split in two. One to the front grill and the other next to the spotlight, and sealed off the rest of the openings on the box.

Can't really say I have noticed much improvement in gain but makes a lovely slurping sound when in high revves.

By the way, have a K&N Panel filter part No. 33-2794
Seems to be getting more cold air than the flat intake supplied that fits under the bonnet.

Can take some pics if you like.

Quail
22-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Pics please!

bradc
22-01-2006, 04:45 AM
have a look at shgom's air intake with similar hoses for a nice setup. You may need to search for interlec, that was his name back then.

Funkstar
22-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Pics please!

Just got back from the match. Will try to take some pics tomorrow.

Henkster
22-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Theres a couple of people done a similar thing with re-routing the air from an intake near to the N/S Fog Light

Have a look through the pictures then ask them who have done it if it helps??

Henkster