PDA

View Full Version : Shocking

Wodjno
22-01-2006, 05:50 PM
What downfalls could there be by putting GDi specific suspension onto a VR4.. /Hmmm I think it may be down to the weight of the car.. :inquisiti What are your thoughts ??

BraindG
22-01-2006, 05:59 PM
imagine it would be much like crossing the english channel during a gale force wind. But then again some of the vr4's dont have the standard adjustable suspension set up. (atleast my first vr4 had 3 settings on the shocks) - so im not sure if they are slightly uprated, or standard.

sure someone knows tho.

Wodjno
22-01-2006, 06:07 PM
imagine it would be much like crossing the english channel during a gale force wind. But then again some of the vr4's dont have the standard adjustable suspension set up. (atleast my first vr4 had 3 settings on the shocks) - so im not sure if they are slightly uprated, or standard.

sure someone knows tho.

The GDi specific shocks are Uprated Tanabe Sustec Pro's Height Adjustable and are way to hard for the GDi.. It's like bouncing around on a Go-Cart.. Really uncomfortable on most roads unless they have snooker table levels of smoothness. But when i had it loaded with around 150kg of Rubble in the rear it actually road very smooth and it didn't look hardly any lower either..
/Hmmm Wondered if they would be any lomg term affects on the shocks and springs with the extra weight of a VR4 /help

BraindG
22-01-2006, 06:12 PM
im confused, so you got these tanabe gdi shocks on your vr4? - they should be fine!

Wodjno
22-01-2006, 06:18 PM
im confused, so you got these tanabe gdi shocks on your vr4? - they should be fine!

Not yet
/Hmmm

There on the GDi at the Mo.. But like i said it is an uncomfortable ride.. But it looks Fantastic.. /yes Was thinking of swapping them on to the VR4 as long as it doesn't make it sit to low. /Hmmm Then getting some shortened springs and the original GDi shocks and putting them on the GDi.. Hopefully look just as nice with a lowered ride height but be a lot mor of a comfortable ride :rolleyes4

Kenneth
22-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I would say your sustec pro's are actually VR-4 specific suspension, however if you got them ON the car then its probably because some retard in in Japan put them on.

In saying that, I put sustec pro's on MY GDI, but took them off when I upgraded to a VR-4.

As far as ride goes, if you jack the suspension up some you should get a better ride. if it is height adjustable then you can set the height to what you want!

On the VR-4 I wound the platforms up as far as I could without resorting to spring compressors and IMO its the perfect height.

Having the suspension too low just makes the car bounce too much, which isn't good at 180km/h on a crappy road.