PDA

View Full Version : Apexi ATS (Active Tail Silencer)

EdmundVR4
26-01-2006, 06:20 PM
My 8G JDM Galant VR4 (2.5TT) with 3" exhaust drones between 1800 & 3000rpm, (where I do most of my intown driving), so that I am forced to use a conventional tip silencer, which defeats the purpose of upgrading from stock 2.25" crush bent to 3" mandrel bent exhaust system.
I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience &/or opinions on this unit.
See details below.
Thanks.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_ex...d=217&pageNum=1

The ATS was developed as a high performance evolution to the standard tail pipe silencers available in the market today. While many people enjoy the power gains of a racing exhaust on the track, often times these systems require a silencer to be installed in the tip for use on the street. While sound output can be dramatically lowered using a non-adjustable silencer, unfortunately response and power tend to suffer due to increased exhaust gas restriction. The ATS (Active Tail Silencer) uses the same active valve technology as the PS Revolution exhaust system. The spring loaded valve is engaged and disengaged based upon exhaust gas pressure. This allows for effective sound suppression for the street, without the power loss under high load. Dyno tests have proven power levels to be nearly identical to an exhaust using no silencer at all.

* Please note that, due to the tapered tip of the N1 Evolution exhaust system the ATS Silencer WILL NOT fit properly. This is only true for the N1 EVOLUTION mufflers, all other exhaust systems will fit without problems.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/news..._tail_silencer/

MSRP $159

Product Code Tip OD For Use on Tips with
155-A025 115mm OD Tip ID 110mm with over 70mm of straight pipe
155-A026 90mm OD Tip ID 87mm with over 80mm of straight pipe

APEX is proud to introduce the new Active Tail Silencer. By incorporating an exhaust pressure activated valve into our popular Tail Silencers, A'PEX once again is revolutionizing the street exhaust market!!

Product Points
Current tail silencers are a restriction for power under high load and the user sacrifices power for quieter sound.
The ATS allows for quiet sound during low load, but under high load, the pressure activated valve opens wide up for straight through power!!
The ATS eliminates the need to constantly install or remove the tail silencer.
The ATS (Active Tail Silencer) comes in 115mm and 90mm sizes for most exhaust system applications.
APEX Exclusive Design
No need to change exhaust systems! Any A'PEX muffler can become a variable sound system!
Product Features
Exhaust pressure activated tail silencer valve
Exclusive tail silencer design
Uses High Grade Ball Plunger Type Valve and Treatment Pipe as the PS Revolution Exhaust
Uses High Grade Inconel Spring
Available in 115mm and 90mm sizes
Maximum sound flexibility from residential areas to the local track
Includes high temp bolts, washers, and locking pin

bradc
26-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but very expensive. My exhausts drone quite loudly at around 2000-2300rpm, I might install my silencers one day and see what the differance is.

EdmundVR4
09-05-2006, 09:25 AM
I got the Apexi ATS & it works...quiet & free flowing. It does everything as advertised.