PDA

View Full Version : 98 galant 2.5L 24v v6. noobie

KEENY
27-01-2006, 03:44 AM
what what can i say i know i'll start from scratch.....

im chris and i passed my test in july 05, my first car was an audi coupe 2.3L
a sporty lil number for a new driver. it was a good solid car which was a good thing as i did reverse in to sevral walls and posts. put the car took the damage well, no dents,scratches nothing.

then i decided to get a new car, what shall i get i thought..... i had thought of a bmw but with so many on the road its a lil hard to feel special in one.

i was looking on e-bay and saw this gorgeous blue galant (actual pic i saw on e-bay shown) it had everything from a full service history, climate control,air con,cruise con, v6, a good sound system and fantastic alloys.

its what i wanted an elegant car..... but man was i wrong. this vechile is a wolf in sheeps clothing. it doesnt like to hang about when the lights go green and it eats boy racers for breakfast. which reminds me have to tell you this lil story its so funny.

i was parked at a set of lights me in the middle a bmw to the left and a laguna on the right, there reving there engines (something i cant do in an auto in that situation) so to add a little aggression and flare i give 2 bursts of the headlight jets just as the lights where changing.. anyway i got off first looked in my left and right mirrors no sign of the bmw or the laguna. as i looked in my rear mirror both cars are still at the lights with the wipers going. hahaha. oh well guess you had to be there.

i have only had this car for 2 weeks so i havent done much to it but here is the list anyway....

4 new tyres
an electric ariel
fitted my media (SD) card stereo
AND......added reverse parking sensors, no more hitting posts and walls for me.

i plan on adding lazer blue lights for the head lamps and i really need to get my tappets looked at. even after a 3 hour drive the engine still sounded tappetie,

thanks for reading this peeps
chris

oh and incase your wondering on what a 30yr new driver is paying on insurance with this kind of car its £700 fully comp

Wouter
27-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi and welcome! Nice looking car!

Nick Mann
27-01-2006, 10:47 AM
/Wyhy

I like the kill! Win by drowning the opposition!! :thumbsup: :drummer: /Steeringw

pezza
27-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Yep they are pretty swift, smooth and quiet!

Looks identical to my first mitsu :thumbsup: ... same colour wheels and evrything...

Whats the mileage on it? Body looks to top class condition.. great colour too :happy:

KEENY
27-01-2006, 01:24 PM
the mileage is 86000 the body work is in good nick but there are 1 or 2 small flakes of paint coming off the front and rear bumpers. but even tho i have only had this car for two weeks i have no reservations in getting another one. i would get the vr4 or sport edtion but i dont want to be filling the car up once a week. i used to get around 230 miles on a 3/4 tank of fuel on my audi. im just going through the steps now to see how much mileage i get to a 3/4 tank in the galant. i'll be sure to let you know the results.

mitzylongboy
27-01-2006, 09:19 PM
do a search on tappets lash adjusters or cam follower's and you will see you're in a very big boat. if it's that bad although not damaging ( only to the ears !! ) get the uprated ones with the 3mm holes. oh and welcome!!

psbarham
27-01-2006, 09:31 PM
first , welcome to the club http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Happy/yahoo.gif
second , i must congratulate you on an excelent choice of colour as i'm sure pezza will agree it is the best colour http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Holidays/Jammin.gif
third , change the oil and the tappity noise should go away , and for 3/4 of a tank of juice should get you 300 ish mles if carefull , or 100 miles if driven properly http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Feelings/Deep-Thinker.gif

Brunty
27-01-2006, 09:40 PM
oh and incase your wondering on what a 30yr new driver is paying on insurance with this kind of car its £700 fully comp

No, I'm wondering why you've taken (waited?) thirteen years to pass your test? :thumbsup: BTW my first car was a Vauxhall Chevette - boy do I wish I could have started out in an Audi Coupe.

Great choice for your second car (the first wasn't bad either /yes ) welcome to CVR4. Enjoy.

nicki
27-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Hi and welcome :chugchug:

Kieran
27-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Welcome to ClubVR-4.

The 2.5 is a lovely car - and you can worry the VR-4 in the right circumstances. Love the exhaust note of the normally aspriated one too. My V6 sounded like a baby Ferrari! :happy:

KEENY
28-01-2006, 01:36 AM
it took me 13 years to pass my test because......

when i was 17 i put all my money in to driving and failed 3 tests. all this time my friends where going out and having fun, i decided to take a break and have some fun myself. 6 months ago i stopped having fun cos im due to get married in september. lol

the audi was a good car and i consider my self really lucky to have had 2 great cars for a new driver.

the colour of the galant is the first thing i went for its just a gorgeous shade of blue and the wheels look awsome, there is another galant in my area same age, colour and everything but my wheels are better, lol

cos you guys are the best people to ask is £1600 a good price for the galant i brought? it came with 1 years mot and 6 months tax.

Kieran
28-01-2006, 01:40 AM
...cos you guys are the best people to ask is £1600 a good price for the galant i brought? it came with 1 years mot and 6 months tax.

Oh hell yes!! Wow!! :rolleyes4

'Bobby Bargain' as Nick Mann would say!! That's really a brilliant price for such a car! /yes

KEENY
28-01-2006, 01:46 AM
thats good then, not that i cared cos i fell in love with the car stright away. the guy i got it from also had a sport galant for sale for £3000. it made mine look silly it was a flippin tank it looked fantastic. couldnt tell you what the specs was on it but if i had the money i would have gone for that one... that said im told they dont do the sport models in the gorgeous blue.

cant wait to get my lazer blue bulbs for my headlights

KEENY
28-01-2006, 11:24 PM
well i now have my lazer blue lights and do they look blue.... do they fudge.

Brunty
29-01-2006, 11:34 AM
when i was 17 i put all my money in to driving and failed 3 tests. all this time my friends where going out and having fun, i decided to take a break and have some fun myself. 6 months ago i stopped having fun cos im due to get married in september. lol

Man after my own heart - fun first, expensive cars second. :thumbsup:

WildCards
29-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Man after my own heart - fun first, expensive cars second. :thumbsup:

but what about fun in expensive cars? :leer:

KEENY
29-01-2006, 06:42 PM
well i have now done 3/4 of a tank and i got 190 miles out of it.

can anyone tell me what type of bulbs i need to have the maximum legal colour blue? cos i put some lazer blue bulbs in from halfords and they dont look blue at all. i want my lights to look really blue but without breaking the law

mitzylongboy
29-01-2006, 07:13 PM
i didn't pass my test until i was 23. and i bought my galant V6 off eBay for £900.