PDA

View Full Version : Brands Hatch

ANTHONY
27-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Brands today..thanks Heath for the ride around the track nice to meet paul and Soraya, jane has some real good pics ....AND i bet this guy is sick

Wouter
27-01-2006, 06:58 PM
/haz

I hope he has insurance!!

ANTHONY
27-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Oh! AND this one

Kieran
27-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Is Brands Hatch a tricky circuit or did they just get a bit too lairy?

BraindG
27-01-2006, 09:36 PM
they all really squashed :d

ANTHONY
27-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Is Brands Hatch a tricky circuit or did they just get a bit too lairy? i think they just tried to hard.............. it was snowing and wet but Heath did ok and man was it cold but a very good day and my 1st trip in a vr4

HJM
29-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Just back after an unscheduled stop overnight in Slough - huge thanks to Paul and Soraya for putting us up and great to see you too Graham :thumbsup:

Well, what a fantastic weekend - Brands is a great track for driving and spectating (oh and photography - I took nearly 600 pics /help ) and although it was hellish cold and sleeting at some points in the day, Heath and Paul did over 100 track miles each /yes

After the two big offs in the morning, they called a second briefing after lunch, which was a first! We were told that both accidents were caused by driver error. The Z3 came off right in front of me and I think it may have only been his second lap (on the basis that I only have one precrash pic) and he totally overcooked it coming out of Druids. The Ferrari driver, who had been taking it VERY easy up to the point he crashed basically put too much power down coming out of the corner before the pit straight, over corrected, on the grass and smack into the tyre wall - this from the instructors own words, who saw it all - and yes, he was insured :rolleyes4

Big up to Soraya for giving it some on track and mixing it with the best of them - including a very hairy moment when she locked up big style behind Heath and nearly took him out - well saved the pink lady /Steeringw

There may have only been 25 cars in the morning (and less in the afternoon /pan ) but there was no shortage of automotive eye candy with two ferraris, a noble, GT3, M3, GTO, 2 RX7's, an old jag plus of course a fast starlet and a rather nice leggie :happy:

Thanks again to Paul and Soraya for your excellent company this weekend and to Tony and Nikki for popping down and freezing with us - great to meet you Nikki :thumbsup:

Here are a few of my pics :rolleyes4

HJM
29-01-2006, 03:35 PM
More :inquisiti

HJM
29-01-2006, 03:40 PM
And more :embarasse

HJM
29-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh, and more /help

WildCards
29-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Great Pics!!

Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all.

ANTHONY
29-01-2006, 04:12 PM
some nice pics as usual Jane, the guy in the green vectra 2.8 v6 gsi/pan is my mate it was his 1st time on track. he had a good time. i also went around with him:rolleyes4 ........ still prefer Heath's vr4:thumbsup:

HJM
29-01-2006, 04:14 PM
some nice pics as usual Jane, the guy in the green vectra 2.8 v6 gsi/pan is my mate it was his 1st time on track. he had a good time. i also went out with him:rolleyes4 and heath......... still prefer the vr4:thumbsup:

He was having a great time - was barely off the track in the afternoon - I have other pics of him, if he wants them :thumbsup:

J

SGHOM
29-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Excellent pics Jane... as always :thumbsup:
I'm glad to see Heath kept it on the black stuff, especially around druids !! /yes

No cones collected then ?? you know...... for posterity ? :leer: :joker:

Jimbo
29-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Excellent pics Jane.

Heath!!!! I know you love that Pro Boost, but come on man - you won't get a performance hike by drinking the stuff!!!

HJM
29-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Heath!!!! I know you love that Pro Boost, but come on man - you won't get a performance hike by drinking the stuff!!!

LOL - it's traditional - the ceremonial sniffing of the Pro Boost :joker:

And Derek - no cones this time, well except for the one we took with us :thumbsup:

J

Nick VR4
29-01-2006, 05:29 PM
:thumbsup: Nice Pictures

Spirit
29-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Great pics as always Jane........well done to all for completing another successful track day :thumbsup: /Steeringw

BraindG
29-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Great Pictures! :thumbsup: - Your car still smoking then? :embarasse

HJM
29-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Your car still smoking then? :embarasse

Yep - like a good 'un on Friday /help

Physician
29-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Jane ........... you really are good with a camera - some great photos.

Poor guys in the Ferrari and Z3 ...... it must make one feel sick when that happens to your pride and joy. :embarasse

Nick Mann
29-01-2006, 09:27 PM

That's not smoke! That's a very poor effort at smoke!

Good photos! A 2nd briefing? People must have been a tad stoopid?!

SGHOM
29-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Nick is the king of smoking cars !! /yes Heath................ you are just a pretender to his crown. /Steeringw

HJM
29-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Nick is the king of smoking cars !! /yes Heath................ you are just a pretender to his crown. /Steeringw

No offence Nick, but that is one crown you are more than welcome to /yes :happy:

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

J

pezza
30-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Superb pix as awlays Jane, really good! Bet you are loving the Canon! You mustve been freeeeezin' tho!

So c'mon Heath how was the VR4 against mr K9NGs super mini on steroids? Put mr K9NG behind the wheel of a car like that and...well ... /help He's Part of the berkshire barmy brigade (incl Bonsai and prolly ghanda)

I don't know much about the starlet but I bet the GT doesn't hang about. I always think twice before provokin a Familia or GTI-R :anxious:

pezza
30-01-2006, 04:04 PM

Heath, it maybe time to fit that brand spankin' new shiny catch can praps? :inquisiti

HJM
30-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Superb pix as awlays Jane, really good! Bet you are loving the Canon! You mustve been freeeeezin' tho!

So c'mon Heath how was the VR4 against mr K9NGs super mini on steroids? Put mr K9NG behind the wheel of a car like that and...well ... /help He's Part of the berkshire nutty brigade (incl Bonsai and prolly ghanda)

I don't know much about the starlet but I bet the GT doesn't hang about. I always think twice before provokin a Familia or GTI-R :anxious:

Oh dear - thought somone might ask this :rolleyes4

I'll let Paul tell you the facts to save me any embarrassment :embarasse

K9NG
30-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh dear - thought somone might ask this :rolleyes4

I'll let Paul tell you the facts to save me any embarrassment :embarasse

The little Starlet managed to hold it's own but still could'nt manage to get past Heath maybe next time /Hmmm

HJM
30-01-2006, 10:57 PM
OK - if you have nothing better to do with your life, all the pics are HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/1163009) - err, all 463 of them :embarasse

Look, or don't, I really don't mind - either way I had great fun taking them and here's to the next one :thumbsup:

J

K9NG
31-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Jane as usual they are great pics loving the commentry :thumbsup:

HJM
31-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Roll on the next one - missing it already :embarasse

Think Jane is looking forward to finally getting back to Combe and using her new camera there for the first time - hopefully without the aid of thermal underwear :rolleyes4

H

K9NG
01-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah know the feeling missing the action flying down the M4 is not quite the same /lol
I booked the next outing at Combe yesterday /Steeringw
Just to feed the addiction..

HJM
01-02-2006, 09:24 AM
I booked the next outing at Combe yesterday /Steeringw
Just to feed the addiction..

Doh! We haven't done that yet - will do it right now :thumbsup: