PDA

View Full Version : New post search list expiry?

pezza
30-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Mr Brain :D

I was wondering how long the new post search id lasts for? :inquisiti

As I am supposed to be working /Hmmm sometimes I cannot scan through the list of new posts quickly enough but on some occassions when I hit the new posts button say after an hour or so, it automagically removes the threads that had new posts previously. It then shows me that there are no new posts as if i had marked all threads as read?

Even hitting the back button to show the list of new posts in threads shows that there are no new posts? :inquisiti

Can I stop this? or is there an option that needs to be set somewhere (that I have missed?)

Cheers

bradc
30-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I think it depends on if you inactive for a certain amount of time, and the forum thinks you are no longer browsing.

When I'm at work, I just go down the new posts list and open every window, all at once, if I don't get around to reading them all straight away, then I know the threads are still open, and if it does think I'm no longer browsing then I just go to new posts again, and there is another whole piles of new posts to open up ;) Eventually I get around to reading them all.

pezza
30-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Cheers for that.... I wonder if this also may have something to do with staying logged in on more than one machine also?

Nick Mann
30-01-2006, 02:29 PM
If you know you have been inactive for a while, just read the rest of the posts on the list by right clicking and opening in a new window. /yes

pezza
30-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Cheers for the top tips :thumbsup:

BraindG
30-01-2006, 03:04 PM
yup, nicks one is best imo.. i changed the time out to 30 minutes i think? forget, but dont think it should be longer as it will start slowing the forum down.