PDA

View Full Version : Calipers

konman
30-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey hey, is there a set torque level to tighten the two locating bolts on the caliper or do you just tighten them until you cant anymore? if you have a check of my last post called loose calipers ive solved the rattling pinging sound by taking them off bit of a clean then back on as tight as a nun's whatsit... is this right or should they be tight then a slight turn the other way???

pezza
30-01-2006, 08:46 PM
In the service manuals HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5507) check out pdf collection 35 and go to page 35A-21. It shows the breakdown of the brake assembly. I am guessing that the number shown against the two bolts you are referring to suggest the measure to tighten at 75Nm

I don't think this manual is VR4 specific but it may provide some indication of how tight they have been done up on your car maybe? :inquisiti

HTH

konman
30-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Great thanks for that. i havent got a torque wrench so does any body know if 75nm is a hard turn or turn with a little bit left in it or something like that, just ballpark will do... thanks very much.