PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good home - Goldie!!

Kieran
31-01-2006, 06:49 PM
As some of you may know, I bought Goldie just before Christmas , mainly for swiping her engine. I've still to do this, but I need to get rid ASAP.

There has however been a problem :embarasse I had lined up Goldie for donation to someone else, but they've just texted me to tell me they aren't interested anymore. /wall

Therefore, I offer the car to you lot - Minus engine, otherwise complete and original, and with a lot of history from the years. It's a 28 year old japanese car, so don't expect perfection, but she'll make a lovely project for someone - RWD Turbo action anyone? /Steeringw .

Therefore, to save Goldie from the Scrapyard, the first person to come with a trailer (she's SORN and will have no engine!) can take her away. :thumbsup:

(And if anyone fancies helping me remove an engine from her first, that would be good!!! Anyone got an engine crane?!/help )

Wodjno
31-01-2006, 07:42 PM
As some of you may know, I bought Goldie just before Christmas , mainly for swiping her engine. I've still to do this, but I need to get rid ASAP.

Have you not thought about Whacking Mouldy on E-Bay.. /Hmmm Theres a possiblity theres someone out there looking for 1 for spares.. /yes

Big Ian
31-01-2006, 10:37 PM
someone would have a shed load O fun once they've dropped a Lancer Turbo engine in it... /Hmmm or from a sapporo.. :inquisiti or maybe even from a starion.. or a :leer: .....OK think yaeh get the picture :rolleyes4

Wodjno
31-01-2006, 10:39 PM
someone would have a shed load O fun once they've dropped a Lancer Turbo engine in it... /Hmmm or from a sapporo.. :inquisiti or maybe even from a starion.. or a :leer: .....OK think yaeh get the picture :rolleyes4

Or from a 5 series :inquisiti :rolleyes4

Big Ian
31-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Or from a 5 series :inquisiti :rolleyes4

Nah, straight six :inquisiti would mean to much cutting, it's longer than the engine bay in "Goldie" :rolleyes4

Wodjno
31-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Nah, straight six :inquisiti would mean to much cutting, it's longer than the engine bay in "Goldie" :rolleyes4

Reckon it would fit perfect between the rear :evil2: seats and the boot

Kieran
01-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Hmm. All very good guys, does one of you want it then?! /Hmmm

/And stop calling her 'Mouldy'!!! /pan /grr /grr /grr

Wodjno
01-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Hmm. All very good guys, does one of you want it then?! /Hmmm

/And stop calling her 'Mouldy'!!! /pan /grr /grr /grr

:lipsrseal :toilet: :vulcan: /YMaster

Kieran
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
No-one interested in a bit of retro-hooliganism then?! :embarasse

I'm giving it till the end of February before I part her out and get the shell towed...... :inquisiti

She deserves a more dignified end to a long career.... /yes

Kieran
10-02-2006, 11:36 AM
No-one interested in a bit of retro-hooliganism then?! :embarasse

I'm giving it till the end of February before I part her out and get the shell towed...... :inquisiti

She deserves a more dignified end to a long career.... /yes

BUMP!

Only 18 days left! Remeber, you collect - Add lunatic engine - the rest is up to you!!

The gearbox is designed to fit the 4G32 - So a 4G37 or maybe even an early 4G63 (the '63 was based on the '32) should fit - and if not then I'm sure a RWD Pajero, Starion, Shogun, cordia or similar should be a suitable donor.

Just think of the Fun you could have at the 'pod - a 4 door '70s saloon (which in FULL trim only weighs 975kg), with a turbo engine in it......:evil2: /Steeringw

And all you pay for is the petrol to get to KieranCorp Towers and to trailer Goldie back!!:2thumbsup

Little Miss Road Rage
10-02-2006, 07:19 PM
What car is it? Sorry if i'm being a bit thick but I can't see in the thread which car it actually is. I may be able to get rid of it for u

Kieran
10-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Hiya.

Pictures of 'Goldie' herself are here:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114022&postcount=42

And here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1976-MITSUBISHI-GALANT-RWD-SALOON-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ4595388908QQcategoryZ2192QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

And, if that's not enough, a brochure is here!

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5047&d=1116343539

Little Miss Road Rage
11-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Cheers I'll ask about for u. Where abouts are u?

Kieran
11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Cheers I'll ask about for u. Where abouts are u?

I'm in Nottingham.

Little Miss Road Rage
11-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok I'll ask about

Kieran
17-02-2006, 01:41 PM
WITHDRAWN FROM OFFER.

Sorry to anyone who was considering taking the car, but I have now decided to part her out and tow the shell to the scrapyard - She's got too many useful bits for me to consider letting her go. /yes

WildCards
17-02-2006, 01:43 PM
I was just about to ffer you silly money for it aswell, oh well.

Kieran
17-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I was just about to ffer you silly money for it aswell, oh well.

/pan