Current driving height of it
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9264/legnumlow7ux.jpg

Engine
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7319/legnumengine0ry.jpg

it has evo5 gearbox and clutch and a blitz BOV, also has bilstien adjustables

WildCards
31-01-2006, 08:53 PM
mmm nice wheels!

Bit low for my liking but thumbs up on the seats. They look like they'll hold you in a little.

Wodjno
31-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Looks nice. :thumbsup: How low is that though :inquisiti Can you actually drive it anywhere.. :rolleyes4 Love the wheels :thumbsup:

Munta
31-01-2006, 09:00 PM
yea its pretty low i think its about 50-70mm above ground can still drive it everywhere, open road is sweet as to drive on, suspension is pretty stiff once its that low. speed bumps is a bit of a mission just advoid them as much as i can, and every driveway you just gota take on a massive angle. but its all good havent found driveway ive come across that i cant get up. ive somehow managed 2 find a way up without ripping the ass out of my beast :D

Springie
31-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Which my teins went that low, not for everyday driving but just cause :leer:

Wodjno
31-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Is it easy to adjust them on the car.. /Hmmm Do you have to jack it up, or take the pressure off the springs or owt . /help

Munta
31-01-2006, 09:30 PM
have to jack the car up and take the wheels off to adjust ride height. it dont take to long if theres 2 of you doing it which is wot i had. 1 person per wheel makes it pretty easy.

Wodjno
31-01-2006, 09:34 PM
have to jack the car up and take the wheels off to adjust ride height. it dont take to long if theres 2 of you doing it which is wot i had. 1 person per wheel makes it pretty easy.

Do you need spring compressors /Hmmm

Munta
31-01-2006, 09:49 PM
nope, just a couple of 'C' spanners and thats it. pretty easy. once you have the adjustable suspension installed

nxt time i take wheels off i will take pics to show

Wodjno
31-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Cheers :thumbsup:

pezza
01-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Oh yes.... sweet lookin car indeed...

Any more pix showing whole car?

:thumbsup:

VR4 MAD
01-02-2006, 03:38 AM

I've been told a couple of times, by people who I would have thought should know about these things, that, yes you can just wind them up and down with the 'C' spanner BUT this does effect the wheel alignment etc and thus tyre wear and steering geometry - the whole works really. :inquisiti :rolleyes4 /Hmmm

So while they can be easily changed, a full wheel alignment should ideally follow in short order after any changes. /pan

Have others heard this /Hmmm or more importantly, do you get or find you need to get a wheel alignment done following the change :huh2:

Kenneth
01-02-2006, 04:14 AM
I've been told a couple of times, by people who I would have thought should know about these things, that, yes you can just wind them up and down with the 'C' spanner BUT this does effect the wheel alignment etc and thus tyre wear and steering geometry - the whole works really. :inquisiti :rolleyes4 /Hmmm

So while they can be easily changed, a full wheel alignment should ideally follow in short order after any changes. /pan

Have others heard this /Hmmm or more importantly, do you get or find you need to get a wheel alignment done following the change :huh2:

That is 100% correct! you will not get the full impact of your changes until you do your alignment. unfortunatly its an expensive task to get the alignment done every time you change the ride height... unless you know someone who will do it for a box of beers.
Very important to remember though, make sure you get the alignment done when you change the ride height.

VR4 MAD
01-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Cheers for that confirmation Kenneth. :thumbsup:

I've been asking around about this because I see some TEIN coil-overs in my future /Hmmm :leer: so need to know what's what when it comes to altering the ride height etc /yes Now all I need to do is confirm the TEINs won't foul my rims /Hmmm :inquisiti

Gly
01-02-2006, 07:11 AM
That is 100% correct! you will not get the full impact of your changes until you do your alignment. unfortunatly its an expensive task to get the alignment done every time you change the ride height... unless you know someone who will do it for a box of beers.
Very important to remember though, make sure you get the alignment done when you change the ride height.

why doz the alignment need doing??

your only winding it up and down,
and the only thing it would screw with is camber?

i had an alignment done proior to lowering... it was mint, so no adjustment needed... then had it lowered and the only thing that change was my camber, which cant be adjusted on the factory setup.

bradc
01-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Very nice ride height, I doubt you would need to change the ride height that often though, just set them once and forget them.

mpau009
01-02-2006, 07:47 AM
i had an alignment done proior to lowering... it was mint, so no adjustment needed... then had it lowered and the only thing that change was my camber, which cant be adjusted on the factory setup.

When i put adjustables on the STR, i assumed i would need the alignment, so booked it in, and they said it was near spot on, except the camber of course.

Munta
01-02-2006, 07:29 PM

since lowering i havent had a problem with the alignment can still take my hands off the wheel on very bumpy road and the car continues to drive as straight as the day i got it so i dont see the point in the new alignment. as for the camber. yes the car did camber out abit. but that happens in most car that you get lowered and helps hold car to the road which is good i think. i would rather have the wheels on a lil camber and rotate my wheels every now and then, than have them nice and straight IMO

Kenneth
01-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Take a look at your steering rods. You will find that they most probably do not sit parallel to the ground.
What happens is that as you lower your car, your steering geometry changes.

Take a look at the picture I attached. that red line is the same length in both cases, however in the first case the distance between (obviously not to scale) the black lines is 100mm, in the second only 75mm. my math may not be exact, but you get the picture (haha :P) so, at 45degrees you can see the length has shortend by approximatly 25%.

When you change the height of your car, your steering rod is the red line. because the steering rod lenght does not change, the only option is for your wheel to move. This is also what BUMP STEER is.

And thats the simplest way to put it. get your alignment done ffs.

/edit: dont forget that while the change might seem marginal, your alignment tolerances are pretty precise!