PDA

View Full Version : Long Winded Question....

thehedgepig
01-02-2006, 09:06 PM
That probably deserves a short answer.....

/help

Been to see a man today about a 2.5 inch stainless twin pipe exhaust, "No problems" he says and then asks me if I can get a pair of flanges and gaskets so he can make a de-cat pipe with the same internal diameter as the rest of the system.

S0...... :rolleyes4

Do I need to get an old cat and cut them off or does anything else fit?

Where do I get the gaskets from?

Does anybody have a Legnum workshop manual on cd they can copy me?

What are Saturday nights winning lottery numbers?

Will my dream of marrying Kiera Knightley come true?

Thanks in anticipation..... :thumbsup:

AllBeItMine
01-02-2006, 09:15 PM
if you are talking to a man about making an exhaust and he can't source 2.5inch flanges - then i think you are talking to the wrong guy...

ANTHONY
01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
i'v just had a quote for a full stainless steel system for my 2.0 sport with any box i like and a decat for £350.00 fitted waile i wait........give them a try http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/ and as AllBeItMine say's his the wrong guy

thehedgepig
01-02-2006, 09:58 PM
They are the people I spoke to, £350 fitted. Did you ask about a decat pipe? Just wondering why my local dealer can't source the flanges....

ANTHONY
01-02-2006, 10:03 PM
They are the people I spoke to, £350 fitted. Did you ask about a decat pipe? Just wondering why my local dealer can't source the flanges.... they never asked me about flanges they just asked if i wanted a dacat

WildCards
01-02-2006, 10:10 PM
That probably deserves a short answer.....

/help

Been to see a man today about a 2.5 inch stainless twin pipe exhaust, "No problems" he says and then asks me if I can get a pair of flanges and gaskets so he can make a de-cat pipe with the same internal diameter as the rest of the system.

S0...... :rolleyes4

Do I need to get an old cat and cut them off or does anything else fit?

Where do I get the gaskets from?

What are Saturday nights winning lottery numbers?

Will my dream of marrying Kiera Knightley come true?

Theres another member on here who has knows a good exhaust place. You ought to do a search AFAICR they offer some cracking kit for cracking prices.

No CD i'm afraid, you looked on eBay?

If I share saturday nights lotto numbers, then i'll have to share the dosh with you. I'll just give you Fridays instead /pan

If you ever marry Kiera Knightley, just think you having my sloppy seconds :evil2:

Anticipation is the best bit, so you should be thankful :thumbsup:

thehedgepig
01-02-2006, 10:10 PM
MMMmmmmm the plot thickens me thinks.

ANTHONY
01-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Theres another member on here who has knows a good exhaust place. You ought to do a search AFAICR they offer some cracking kit for cracking prices. :thumbsup: they asking SGHOM

WildCards
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
they asking SGHOM

Thats the chap. www.exhaustsuk.com (http://www.exhaustsuk.com) was the place.

Worth a look for the music on their site /Banana :beerbang: :bananadan

bradc
02-02-2006, 01:04 AM
As ABIM said, they should be able to do that whole lot for you, I can't see any reason why you will need to worry about flanges or gaskets or anything.

Also, Keira is mine, so the rest of you need to find someone else (I'm closest in age to her, only 1 year older, so she is mine!)

AllBeItMine
02-02-2006, 02:43 AM
yeap. thats what woman look for in a man - somebody closest to their ages. /pan

looks like brad's got her boys

Wodjno
02-02-2006, 02:59 AM

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php? /Hmmm t=5507&highlight=service+repair

Try here for results of UK Exhausts work :thumbsup:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8602&highlight=zorst

bradc
02-02-2006, 03:00 AM
I'm chasing a 16 year old at the moment ;)

Wodjno
02-02-2006, 03:03 AM

Me too :inquisiti

AllBeItMine
02-02-2006, 04:03 AM

what did you do to make her run? :smug:

... thank you i am here all week.

bradc
02-02-2006, 08:49 AM
uhh, she knows I like her 18 year old sister too ;) None of it matters, Keira is my future wife anyway :D

Back on track, hedgepig have you decided on that place, or are you going with someone else? It still seems strange to me that you have to worry about flanges, gaskets and other things for them.

WildCards
02-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Also, Keira is mine, so the rest of you need to find someone else (I'm closest in age to her, only 1 year older, so she is mine!)

You can have her, i'll just stay her bit on the side. :joker:

thehedgepig
02-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Back on track, hedgepig have you decided on that place, or are you going with someone else? It still seems strange to me that you have to worry about flanges, gaskets and other things for them.

Probably let them make the pipe and get a de-cat pipe made by someone else, had a look at some of there work and it is really nicely bent pipes... 409 grade stainless.

The Vee
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM

What on earth do you want a 16 year old exhaust for?? /pan /Hmmm
Back on track./ I used the place SGHOM recommended, and the results were excellent. OK a little bit more expensive than your quote, but a complete job and a choice of whatever tailpipes. Took 'em all day and happy to let me see as the job progressed. 18 months later and still very pleased. :thumbsup: