PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with TCL Light Problem

alexrc
01-02-2006, 09:32 PM
/help Hi im New in this Forum , i drive a 98 galant Vr an in having problem that the mitsubishi dealership can figure out , wen i full trottle my Vr the Tracktion Control Light ( TCL) Starts Blinking in ( yellow ) and the car looses all his power the car wont acelerate , went i turn of the car , the tcl light goes off , and i can drive normally but the car dosent have anypower..

the tcl light only comes on wen i full trottle ?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I got nou power , and it drinks like a v8

im having this problem for 1 month now !!!

email

ayudacorreos@hotmail.com /help

Kenneth
01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
What modifcations do you have (other than pod filter)?
And what gas are you using (octane rating)

There seems to be a few people who are having problems with pod filters, try changing back to standard air box for now if you can. this at least will remove one possible problem.

alexrc
01-02-2006, 10:04 PM
hey

i havent done any mods , only the air filter , Spark plugs , clean Exhaust , gauges , nothing more , i alaready try with the standart air filter

/Hmmm

Kenneth
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM
do you have a switch to turn the TCL off?

if not try un-plugging the ABS computer. there should be a black box somewhere behind the throttly body, has a red (or is it orange...) plug. you lift up the top of the plug and it unlocks, you then pull away. this should light up your ABS and TCL warning lights, but sholud have no other ill-affect. (well, i havent found any...)

just wondering if it is anything to do with TCL or if its somethnig else totally

psbarham
01-02-2006, 10:49 PM
check the vacumm lines to the little solenoid thingy (ooh technical) on the bulkhead behind the throttle body , the VR4 boys suffer something simliar

alexrc
04-02-2006, 01:22 AM
check the vacumm lines to the little solenoid thingy (ooh technical) on the bulkhead behind the throttle body , the VR4 boys suffer something simliar
theres a little vacum tank behind the trottle u mean that one ?

or the vacum lines in the trottle

is there a diagram for me to check all the vacum lines ?

thx bro

bradc
04-02-2006, 05:36 AM
If it was me, I would have to guess that you have a problem with a sensor somewhere that thinks a tyre is losing grip, and then the traction control comes in. Is your car a 4wd or fwd?

richy rich
04-02-2006, 08:57 AM
If it was me, I would have to guess that you have a problem with a sensor somewhere that thinks a tyre is losing grip, and then the traction control comes in. Is your car a 4wd or fwd?
i agree with this one

tcl backs of power when it thinks the wheals are slipping

rich

psbarham
04-02-2006, 10:09 AM
of course silly me , just because its a v6 the rules don't apply , isn't it strange when a VR4 has this problem its always the vacuum lines at fault but when its a lower model (not my personal description) its always something more sinister

alexrc
04-02-2006, 11:19 PM
theres a sensor that has the stantard air filter , do u have to make a hol to put it with the short ram ? can that be it ?

alexrc
04-02-2006, 11:26 PM

my car is FWD ...

the mitsubishi shop only change the TPS sensor . but wen a drove the car and full trottle que freaking TCL ligth start Blinkin and , nou power again :S

/Hmmm

alexrc
05-02-2006, 12:15 AM

you mean this vacuum lines ?

psbarham
05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
you mean this vacuum lines ?
no the ones on your first picture , they are mounted on the bulkhead and have the blue silicon hose going to them , if it only does it on full throttle then that pretty well rules out wheel sensors , if they were playing up then it would happen at different revs / speeds/ throttle positions .

on a slightly different note , the set up on your inlet manifold is different to the UK cars :inquisiti

alexrc
05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
ok let me show u a friends galant picture

if u mean this vacum lines

got msn ?

psbarham
05-02-2006, 10:31 AM
yup those are the ones , just push them on fully (they only generally move about 1- 1.5mm ) and try again , if you want to make properly sure then push them on and put some little zip ties round the pipes to secure them

alexrc
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
so that can be the problem to the TCL light starts blinking buttt whyyy

the trottle pedal gets hard to wen the tcl comes blinkin

psbarham
05-02-2006, 10:38 AM
so that can be the problem to the TCL light starts blinking buttt whyyy

the trottle pedal gets hard to wen the tcl comes blinkin
looking at that particular set up it backs the throttle off using a vacuum operated diaphram on the top of the throtle body , this pull the throttle shut to reduce power ( very crude system but quite efective ) hence the heavy pedal when the tcl has a spzzy fit :thumbsup:

alexrc
05-02-2006, 10:46 AM
:evil2: Thx bro if the mitsubishi shop dosent find the problem again !! it has 2 weeks there for that problem im gonna get the car and check those vacum lines

the other problem is the transmition is shifting hard

they changed the TPS but still does the same

psbarham
05-02-2006, 10:58 AM
to be honest , if it carrys on playing up i would remove the tcl system and the bulb from the dashboard , i run a V6 24v auto which according to a ginger haired member is suprisingly quick and i very rairly think "ooh i wish i had traction control"

alexrc
05-02-2006, 11:01 AM
if i disconect the tcl system dosent afect performance , or anything how can i do that ?

psbarham
05-02-2006, 11:05 AM
just disconnect the 2 vacuum lines that go to the solenoid on the bulkhead and plug them up and then remove the bulb from the warning light