PDA

View Full Version : Fault Codes Accessing

Davezj
02-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Hi all,

This is more of a share information and to see if anyne is willing to try it. I would but i don't have VR-4 yet (hope soon).

I have come accross this FTO drivers club web site and they describe a way of accessing the diagnostic fault codes without using the MUT-II tool. I have got a cd that describes the fault codes and how to fix them i think! it's a Mitsubishi galent workshop service manual (from ebay, got it today) but i have not read it all.

web site is here below.

http://www.ftowa.com/html/workshop/workshopart07.html

I would be interested to see if anyone is going to try this.

I have a jeep at the moment and i can access my fault codes by switching the ingnition on , off, on, off, on and the engine light flashes to signall the fault codes recorded. Then it does 55 code to say it has finised. I tend to beleive this way of accessing the fault codes could work on a Galent/Legnum but i can not try it as i don't have VR-4 yet.

I am Mass Spectrometor/ Electronics Engineer by trade so i have good reason for making this judgement. But i understand if nobody wants to try it.
I can not garentee this will work, and i take no resonsibleity for any damage that my occur as a result of the process being carried out.
I would not offer this info if i thought it was going to cause a problem.

please give feedback

Davezj

Physician
03-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Yep, thanks for that link Dave.

We actually have all that data in our Library and a number of us have used it to get the data out. :thumbsup:

Davezj
03-02-2006, 12:05 AM
How do i get to the library? i don't seem to be able to find it.
Is this area limited to full members.

Please help

Davezj

Kieran
03-02-2006, 12:11 AM
How do i get to the library? i don't seem to be able to find it.
Is this area limited to full members.

That's right - the library, technical articles and discounts are in member-only areas. If you're interested, membership is £20 for the year - More info is here: (click me) (http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=join)

mpau009
03-02-2006, 05:56 AM
yeah, all the good stuff is in the members section, i used that tutorial, and it worked a treat, seems fairly accurate even tho its not a proper diagnostic.