PDA

View Full Version : Red VR4 Estate

ciderisgr8
03-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Has anyone been to have a look at the Red VR4 estate for sale at Adams Bros in Aylesbury ?? They have offered me a good p/x for my car and wanted to know if it was worth anything near the asking price before I traveled all the way up there. /Hmmm
Thanks.

pezza
03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Ello there,

Yes Brunty (another VR4er) and myself went to visit this car...

Its been there a while now..(maybe a year or more). it drives very well but believe that there ahs been some bodywork / bumper repair work done on the car... I can't rmember what the state of the history was but dont remember anything untoward.. The belts had been done etc

This garage tends to put prices up way higher than anyone else... They had a 2 y/o galant 2.0 sport estate with 20k miles for 15k for a long long time... :rolleyes4

the car seems sound but for that price it should have every extra, I did not have recaros from what I remember either.. At the time they said they would let the car go for 10k.. but this was back in sept or so last year :inquisiti

What were you impressions?

Cheers

P

PS I notice you have a forester. I guess they told you that they are a Subaru dealer too? thats probably why they offered you a good p/x price! Was the salesperson Susanne there?

Brunty
03-02-2006, 01:59 PM

Pez......ssshhhhhh! I'm still saving towards the £5k they wanted on top of my '99 saloon.

VR4 at Adams Mitsubishi - Aylesbury (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10161&highlight=adams)

pezza
03-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Pez......ssshhhhhh! I'm still saving towards the £5k they wanted on top of my '99 saloon.

VR4 at Adams Mitsubishi - Aylesbury (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10161&highlight=adams)

That link not accessible to all....... /Hmmm

How much have you saved so far then?

If it was worth 10K last year... what would you offer today?

Brunty
03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
How much have you saved so far then?

About this much ----> <----

If it was worth 10K last year... what would you offer today?

I might offer £1,500 provided it was MOT'd, serviced and came with a Red Zebra. But that's academic 'cos I don't have £1,500, at least not until this evening when I'll be £125m richer :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
03-02-2006, 02:13 PM
AFAIK the car is not perect but seems sound enough. It has been sat for a while. The dealer want way over the odds for it.

Sentences 2 & 3 add up to them being able to offer a good p/x on it! Make sure you are happy with the deal before you buy.

ciderisgr8
03-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Ello there,

Its been there a while now..(maybe a year or more). it drives very well but believe that there ahs been some bodywork / bumper repair work done on the car... I can't rmember what the state of the history was but dont remember anything untoward.. The belts had been done etc

This garage tends to put prices up way higher than anyone else... They had a 2 y/o galant 2.0 sport estate with 20k miles for 15k for a long long time... :rolleyes4

the car seems sound but for that price it should have every extra, I did not have recaros from what I remember either.. At the time they said they would let the car go for 10k.. but this was back in sept or so last year :inquisiti

What were you impressions?

Cheers

P

PS I notice you have a forester. I guess they told you that they are a Subaru dealer too? thats probably why they offered you a good p/x price! Was the salesperson Susanne there?

Hi
Yes the sales person was Susanne and she said she was selling it for someone else. Theyve currently come down to 11K, but thats without a warranty or service before I buy the car! Apparently known as a "trade sale"

ciderisgr8
03-02-2006, 02:26 PM
How much do you think it should go for ??
I am at mercy of the seller to some degree due to the p/x involved.

ritch_w
03-02-2006, 02:36 PM
How much do you think it should go for ??
I am at mercy of the seller to some degree due to the p/x involved.

"trade" price for a 2001 UK ralliart saloon last july was £8500, so "trade" for a 99V would guestimatedly be aroung £5-6K

they are talking through their a holes if they think £11k is a trade sale - a fully warranted dealer sale on this should be less than £9k

Brunty
03-02-2006, 02:44 PM
ciderisgr8, the following is based on the fact I would hope to achieve £7,000 minimum for my '99 VR4 Saloon.

I might offer £1,500 provided it was MOT'd, serviced and came with a Red Zebra. But that's academic 'cos I don't have £1,500, at least not until this evening when I'll be £125m richer :thumbsup:

A quick search on this forum will show that VR4 services can be quite expensive and the Mitsubishi Warranty (Red Zebra) costs about £1,000. Having said that, I might up my notional offer to £2,000.

Let us know what you think of it and how you get on. Good Luck.

I like this car but I reckon there are plenty of better examples around for less.

pezza
03-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Hmm I reckon that would normally sell between 7 - 8 for that car and so a trade sale should knock 1 1.5 2k off? Tis a good car, but its not mint with all options etc...

They were prepared to sell for 10k which to me was really 8 :D

As they don't sound desperate to shift the car, I don't think they will be up for too much bargaining.. They are a pretty big franchise there...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

ciderisgr8
03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
/Hmmm /Hmmm It does leave me in a little dilema as their p/x for my car is good but the price of the VR4 is not so good. So do I bite the bullet and take the offer or should I wait around for another offer to come along ?? /Hmmm /Hmmm :thinking: :thinking:

WildCards
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Try elsewhereand use their p/x offer as a bartering tool with other garages. Remember the market is not good at the minute for used vehicles, and it's only going to get worse.

Make an offer, if they refuse, walk away. In a couple of weeks return with the same offer, if they refuse, repeat the process, eventually they'll accept. As Brunty and Pezza have said they've had the car for ages.

bradc
03-02-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13742

Why don't you buy this car, much better price, and you can sell your forester on ebay or whatever.

ciderisgr8
03-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I would love to. BUT ive got to sell my car or get a p/x to afford another car. /help
Anyone out there want a FAST family wagon ???

Nick Mann
03-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Anyone out there want a FAST family wagon ??? Got one!! :thumbsup: :p :joker: /Steeringw

Brunty
11-02-2006, 02:16 PM
This is no longer on their website - has the deed been done?

ciderisgr8
11-02-2006, 10:28 PM
:smug:/Poms/Steeringw/Steeringw/Steeringw/Poms:smug:
Yep!!
Picked the car up at lunchtime.
Looked good and had a full MSH including one carried out yesterday for 45K.
It was a delight to drive it all 236 miles home, and didnt fail to dissapoint when some @#***'s in their exec saloons tried to pass on the mway, much to the annoyance of the missus:zzz:
Didnt have any trouble with it on the way except the petrol gauge seems to have a mind of its own/lol

Nick VR4
11-02-2006, 10:31 PM
:smug:/Poms/Steeringw/Steeringw/Steeringw/Poms:smug:
Yep!!
Picked the car up at lunchtime.
Looked good and had a full MSH including one carried out yesterday for 45K.
It was a delight to drive it all 236 miles home, and didnt fail to dissapoint when some @#***'s in their exec saloons tried to pass on the mway, much to the annoyance of the missus:zzz:
Didnt have any trouble with it on the way except the petrol gauge seems to have a mind of its own/lol

Congrats :2thumbsup

ciderisgr8
11-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks!:d
Now got to think about changing the looks to make it a little more individual:inquisiti
Start off a little subtle and take it from there:evilgrin:

Brunty
11-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Congratulations - hope you enjoy the car.

ciderisgr8
11-02-2006, 11:42 PM
OHHHHHHHH YES.
Finding it hard to take it out of Tip /lol

pezza
13-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Great News there..

Congrats...I hope you battled them down to a good price too!

One of the rarer VR4 colours .... Hope you manage to post some pix soon!