PDA

View Full Version : F/S - Discounted Braided Brakelines - Brand New and made to order - WOF and LVV Cert

VR4 MAD
08-02-2006, 06:24 AM
As many NZ CVR4 members may be aware, our Wof and LVV cert. rules now totally (and retrospectively) outlaw any braided brake line that has the braided hose connected to the end fitting by a screw connection. /Grrr All lines now must have crimped connections to pass complinace and WOF testing. /pan What's worse, the laws retrospective so even if your car was alright when imported and got through compliance OK with those screw type brake lines, now the next time it goes for a WOF (providing the WOF inspector is any good and knows his stuff - which many don't but you never know.....) it will fail. :huh2: /whip :thumbsdow /duh

Soooo............... as my soon to be fitted Brembos had the now outlawed screw type hoses I had to do some desperate running around to get some affordable and legal braided brakelines before I can proceed./Hissy

And I've had success which the rest of the NZ CVR4 guys can now take advantage of............/JawDroppi :idea2:

Auto Brake and Clutch Limited in Wellington can and will make up braided brake lines for our cars at what I think is a very competative price.:thumbsup:

I've have a written estimate for the brake lines from them to confirm the pricing (see attached PDF files of the itemised estimates). They even went to the trouble of getting a set of standard VR4 brake lines in to use as a template to ensure they got all the brackets, connections and hose lengths correct. I thought that was really good of them.

The price is a 'cost plus' deal so very little margin in it for them and thus no scope to give any further discount for ordering in bulk. So these prices apply whether we order one set or twenty sets.

Right, the pricing is - for the fronts $63.34/per side - rears $42.26/per side. So that's $212.20 all up. Sound OK?/Hmmm

The way they've priced things, it's possible to order front or rears set separately should you want and so not tied to getting a full set if only front required. Quite why you would do only half the job beats me but hey.............

All pricing is GST inclusive. They come with a little plastic tags which has their LSTA approved manufacturor coding so the WOF inspectors know they have been manufactured to the required standard and will pass WOFs and LVV certifying if that is required at any time in the future.

They need about a week if we are getting several sets made and they have ordered more braided line so it will be in stock should we want to get some done. I will be getting a set made up for sure for my Brembos within the next week or so. As for the sheathing colour, well I think clear is the only option but I will confirm this when I do mine.

By the way, note the price of these lines on TradeMe at the moment

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=46752123

- not even sure these are correct for our cars (this set is for US Vr4 3000) and in my case, these will have the wrong connection for Brembos calipers (so I will still need that changed to a bandjo connector at yet more expense)./pan

As to how to proceed from here, well I'm just gauging interest at the moment. I've been sending PMs back and forward with Dickytim about this and the brake lines he had for sale so I know he's keen but whether everyone wants do one big order or just each do his own thing will depend on the response we get here. I can act as a co-ordinator for those out of town orders if that makes it easier, but we'll see what interest we get.:2thumbsup :scholar:

For those members who wish to do there own order I'll need to sort out and post instructions on how to get the lines at this price.:thinking:

Cheers
Wynn (VR4 MAD)

PS - SH*T this ended up a big post :oops: Sorry:zzz:

dickytim
08-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Wynn, cheers for the hard work on this one, it is much appreciated, just to add I believe these will be A Ok to use without a cert as they comply with all standards required.

I will unfortunately have to wait until Early march at this stage to order mine.

bradc
27-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Bumping this way up from the dead, have you got a set from them Wynn?

CANDEE
27-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Ill get Wynn to confirm tomorrow but this never went ahead, though I beleive he is re looking into this...

J

Robotnik123
28-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Ill get Wynn to confirm tomorrow but this never went ahead, though I beleive he is re looking into this...

J

That is correct. See my recent thread on rear brembo brakes. Anyway, I'd like some of these lines too. So someone please tell Wynn to get on with it! ;)

VR4 MAD
28-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Two and half years latter and suddenly there's interest in this ...........bl**dy hell. :speechles /pan

Yes I'll go see them again, cap in hand, and apologise that it took so long to get back to them and I'll ask about revised pricing.................:inquisiti

They may have forgotten by now that it cost them a full set of VR4 standard brake lines (which they purchased specially) used to help them with pricing the new braided lines.

If I don't come back, you know they hadn't forgotten............./Grrr

/toycar

bradc
28-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Well I'm up for a set of Brembo's.....

MunkyWrench
15-10-2008, 09:41 PM
i'm keen for some lines suited to brembos. just got hold of some facelift hub carriers.

If I'm correct vr4 lines and evo lines differ? Evo's have a banjo fitting and we need the lines slightly longer at the rear?

What are the lengths?
What are the fittings needed?
For standard?
For Brembo conversion?

VR4 MAD
10-11-2008, 03:26 AM
OK, as promised, I've been back to ABC and I now have revised pricing. These are not quotes as such, but an estimate based on what was originally worked out we needed.

Previously the cost was -
..........for the fronts $63.34/per side - rears $42.26/per side. So that's $212.20 all up.

Updated cost is - for the fronts $84.50/per side - rears $51.75/per side. So that's $169.00 for the fronts, and $103.50 for the rears making a total of $272.50 all up now. :speechles

The cost above is for fittings and hose lengths suitable for Brembos but price will be the same for braided lines to fit the standard caliper as well.

Those prices are for the manufacture of the braided lines, installing, for those who want that as well, is $160 including fluid and $130 if you supply your own brake fluid.

Hope that helps everyone who needed some idea of the current costs. /rally

/toycar