PDA

View Full Version : Keighley Trade Centre...anyone?

the_boy
26-09-2003, 02:04 PM
During my usual hunt across the UK I came across this specimen from the aforementioend dealer based in West Yorkshire.

MITSUBISHI GALANT VR4 TIPTRONIC 2.5 V6 280 BHP, R reg. 4WD, twin turbo, import, a/b, PAS, t/s/c/control, AYC, cat 1 alarm, EW, sat/nav, a/w, met silver, p/x/fin/warr. £5,495

Now that seems quite cheap to me although it doesn't state the mileage which could be suspicious. That and you can't tell immediately if it is the 280 or 260 bhp version.

Seems tempting to me, 5 and a half grand for the car plus a full service etc and a Red Zebra warranty. Your still looking at less than 7 grand which is a bargain.

What do you guys/gals reckon? :Ponder:

Nick VR4
26-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Mmmm for that sort of ££££'s its worth looking into
Depending on mileage etc
I'm pretty sure it would be a 260bhp aswell

Brind
26-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Tiptronic before a facelift is 260bhp.

If it has a Red Zebra warranty jump at it! that should also mean that the car is at least under 100k miles.

For £5,495 you haven't much to lose especially with a warranty.

zedy1
26-09-2003, 11:18 PM
i kinda know the guy he goes to japan himself and buys them the ships it over himself .

PUDD
26-09-2003, 11:22 PM
:Ponder: yeah,thats the add i seen earlier.Does sound a bit cheap dont it :Ponder:

lisa
27-09-2003, 03:45 PM
And so my conversation with the Keighley Trade Centre goes something along these lines......

KTC: Hello
Me: Hello is that the Keighley Trade Centre
KTC: Yes INSERT INTO post VALUES (Bored voice)
Me: I am interested in importing a VR-4 Saloon
KTC: Yeah?
Me: I would also like to Part Ex my current Legnum if you do that
KTC: what reg is it?
Me: P
KTC: Well we already have one of those so we wont really be able to help you
Me: Oh
KTC: long pause.........
Me: INSERT INTO post VALUES (cant think of anything else to say) ok thanks bye.

How rude are they !

Is it because I am female ???

Can someone help me out here......
All I want to do is part ex my car for a newer saloon, is that really to much to ask ??????

Brind
27-09-2003, 06:37 PM
What's the idea of trading the Legnum in for a saloon?

lisa
27-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Want a newer car.

No other reason....
Well other than I feel a bit like a Mum on a school run.
Dont get me wrong I love our Legnum..... and it has been a lot of fun, ohhhh and of course there is the walnut dash and the seats that look like a pub carpet :)

Brind
27-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by lisa
ohhhh and of course there is the walnut dash and the seats that look like a pub carpet :)

Is that a good thing? :confused: :D
Well good luck! I haven't driven a Legnum but it has been said the Legnum is more fun around tight bends.. maybe you could tell us when you buy a Saloon. :)

Isn't a member here selling one still? http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1267

PUDD
28-09-2003, 12:55 AM
:D Lisa,:idea: how much u looking for your Legnum;)

lisa
28-09-2003, 01:12 AM
We are hoping for 9k or there abouts.

Kieran
30-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by the_boy
During my usual hunt across the UK I came across this specimen from the aforementioend dealer based in West Yorkshire.

MITSUBISHI GALANT VR4 TIPTRONIC 2.5 V6 280 BHP, R reg. 4WD, twin turbo, import, a/b, PAS, t/s/c/control, AYC, cat 1 alarm, EW, sat/nav, a/w, met silver, p/x/fin/warr. £5,495

Just spotted this myself and showed it to the other half....
:bang: :argue2: :nooo: :bawling: :mad2:

You guys coming to the pod have a mission to apply some severe peer pressure:D:D

Spirit
01-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Kieran

You guys coming to the pod have a mission to apply some severe peer pressure:D:D

We will do our best mate ! Has she been out in a VR4 ? If not I will take her out and then she will want one too !

landy
01-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Just spotted this thread now.

£5495 for an R reg VR4 ?... Blimey I paid £14000 for mine 12 months ago :eek:

Although it had only done 7k miles and was mint :D :D

jalford
03-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Did anyone find anything out about KTC?

Was the saloon purchased and if so how did it compare to the Legnum?

Was planning to have a look at KTC this weekend and just wanted to check for any feedback.

Nick Mann
03-12-2004, 02:09 PM
I think the general consensus is that they are not big into customer service, the cars are not very well prepared, but if you look hard before you buy there are bargains to be had.

There have been discussions about this pace before - If I stumble accross any I'll post the links here.

simpsonm
03-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Friend of mine who lives close by said it looked like a front for a Drugs racket.

jalford
03-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Oh dear. Doesn't sound too promising. :sad3:

It's a 2.5 hour drive each way for me so will have to think carefully about it.

Reckon an AA or RAC inspection will be a must with these guys.

DaveLee71
03-12-2004, 09:23 PM
I called them a couple of weeks back and they seemed like they couldn't be arsed, do they want to sell cars or what, anyway found a good place with good customer service and nice cars.
Was a toss up between the two places as they are about the same distance from me.
Strange as well as they had a manual type s estate for £5995 last week and this week it's £8995 I think, bit of a jump!!
Dave

chris g
06-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Re Red Zebra Warranty, I thought only Mitsubishi dealers could offer that and if KTC sell their own imports then they would not have a car with such a warranty

Unless they took a part ex with a continuing warranty but apart from poor service and poor car prep, they seem unwilling to buy or part ex any vehicles

I may be wrong but be certain it really is a genuine and valid Red Zebra warranty

marsh
06-12-2004, 05:49 PM
It's where I got my Legnum VR4 from. The car has a number of minor faults (brakes shot to pieces, gearbox ropey, though the later was fixed with a tranny flush), other than that it's ok. Certainly not bad for £5500. They also said they'd change the tyres for the MOT and I'm far from certain that they did.

I got the same impression when I called them, they really didn't seem that fussed and I did a 400 mile round trip to get the car. The warranty thing sounds cobblers though. The warranty I have covers me for 6 months and up to £200, stuff you only find out about after reading the small print. They recommend you get the cam belt changed as well so add another £300 to the price.

Other than that, they have some very nice motors parked on the forecourt, there's another big dealer next to a pub on the roundabout down the road. If you're thinking of going then pay them both a visit perhaps?.

I'll score them 7/10 but only because it was the most fun haggling over a price that I've ever had.

Axeboy
27-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Im considering having a look at Keighley in a few weeks...

If you dont mind me asking, when it came to haggling, did you manage to get much off the list price?

bernmc
28-01-2005, 12:52 AM
It's where I got my Legnum VR4 from. The car has a number of minor faults (brakes shot to pieces, gearbox ropey, though the later was fixed with a tranny flush), other than that it's ok. Certainly not bad for £5500. They also said they'd change the tyres for the MOT and I'm far from certain that they did.
Makes me feel a bit better about importing my own... if I can get it on the road for 6-6.5K I think I will have done alright. Provided it's as good a car as it sounds!

VR4Dave
28-01-2005, 09:45 AM
I bought my VR4 from them a couple of weeks ago, I've tried to post my experience of them but It doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

I managed to hagle well with them too and got £300 above book on my vectra which they are now selling at a loss! Got a tank of fuel out of them too after the deal had been done.

They are rude and don't seem to care whether you buy or not and the car will be sold as it was when you viewed it, they ran a cloth over the outside but didn't blow up the tyres!

Treat it like you are buying private and you'll not go far wrong. They are cheap and they do have a huge selection of cars.

Dave.

Axeboy
28-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks for that Dave

Great help..

Im planning on viewing the dark green VR4 they have for £5.5k next week or so...

Id much rather a manual.. never really used an auto much... but i may be converted... :p

marsh
28-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for that Dave

Id much rather a manual.. never really used an auto much... but i may be converted... :p

I thought that, but the auto box is an absolute dream to use. Best value for money/performance tank I've ever come across.

nlo
28-01-2005, 08:24 PM
i bought a vr4 legnum the week before xmas,they dont seem bothered if you buy or not and they are cheap so just make sure you have it inspected