PDA

View Full Version : Suspension mod

Alanee
15-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I have a shock on the back end of my V6 sport that needs to be changed and wondered about replacing both with a set of gas shocks. Is this wise? Is it better to do all 4 at once....oooh! pricey (the sound of 2 starving children are heard in the background) or would 2 do the job - bearing in mind that I don't 'race' - well not unless I've been insulted.../Grrr

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Alane

ritch_w
15-02-2006, 09:23 AM
I have a shock on the back end of my V6 sport that needs to be changed and wondered about replacing both with a set of gas shocks. Is this wise? Is it better to do all 4 at once....oooh! pricey (the sound of 2 starving children are heard in the background) or would 2 do the job - bearing in mind that I don't 'race' - well not unless I've been insulted.../Grrr

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Alane

best to go for Gas and do all 4 - do a search for bilsteins, KYB or gas shocks

I may have a set of KYB gas shocks for sale in the next few weeks - only used for less than 6 months - if you are interested.....

pezza
15-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I had KYB excel G on my V6 24 and they worked really well even with the PI 40mm lowered springs....

Note that the rear shocks on estate were different part number to rear saloons...

Cheers

Alanee
15-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Certainly interested in a set of 4 - at the right price and in good order - contact me when you are selling - thanks for the part number info Pezza