PDA

View Full Version : Greetings fellow owners

wirdy
28-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone. Well, I found your site a couple of days ago....wow what an enthusiastic bunch we are!!
I've had my Legnum VR-4 for just under a year now, having bought it from a super guy in Bradford called Simon Quinton INSERT INTO post VALUES (Quintons cars - 01274 722988). I would recommend him to anyone. He goes across to Japan every three months or so and buys mainly mitsi's and Subaru's to ship back. He normally has 4 or 5 VR4's in stock and is probably the most transparent dealer I've ever bought from. No pressure and someone who knows his onions- he knows the cars wellINSERT INTO post VALUES (he runs one himself).
Anyway, enough of that, I'm not an agent or anything, I'm just a normal bloke who appreciates a good car for a good price with no bull**** or hassle from the seller or dealer.

I looked on the web a year ago and there was hardly anything on the VR-4 and the search on the word "legnum" gave even less. It's heartening to see the growth in popularity of our exclusive modes or transport / fun. Don't shout too loud or everyone will find out, though!.

So far my car has been absolutely faultless. INSERT INTO post VALUES (No tappet noise especially- perhaps I'm lucky, but the previous japanese owner was as fastidious as me, there are give-aways all over & under the car). I'm an engineer, so my cars are always over-maintained. Thankfully I have access to a four poster ramp, so regular visual checks and oil changes INSERT INTO post VALUES (Castrol RS 0W40) at 3000 miles are not a problem. I normally break at least two of the little plastic screw clips on the engine undertray every time I remove it, but they're easy to get from the dealer. Has anyone tried AMSOIL filters?. They get superb reports INSERT INTO post VALUES (flow & filterage increased) and they DO fit our cars, but I can't find a UK supplier.
Anyway, Ooops, a bit long for my first post. I'll use the technical forum for my other questions.
So, hello, and I'm Wirdy.
P.s how do you get pictures of your cars to appear next to your posts? INSERT INTO post VALUES ( I'm new to this game).

Brind
28-09-2003, 12:31 AM
Hello wirdy, welcome to the club. :)

Please add the details of the dealer you mentioned in the dealership section, could be very helpful to others.

To get a picture next to your name, go to the drop down menu top right and highlight 'Forums' there you'll see 'user CP' click that and then go to 'edit options' at the bottom of that page you'll find the 'Avatar' function, from there it will tell you what to do.

Enjoy the site. :)

BraindG
28-09-2003, 01:23 AM
yup, i second brinds welcome..
glad you found us, and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do..
btw, fancy coming to santapod?

Pescha
28-09-2003, 07:53 AM
Yip welcome to our VR-4 family... Please add to different threads and add as many photos of your baby, we LOVE photos...

Again welcome, I hope you will enjoy the site as much as we all do :)

Cheers
Pescha!

Spirit
28-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Another welcome from me Wirdy mate, as the others have said would be great to see some pics of yours.

Hope you enjoy the site and as Barry said if you fancy Santa Pod on the 12th Oct let us know

Nick VR4
28-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Welcome from me too
Its great to see more people joining :)

SGHOM
28-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi Wirdy, & welcome to club VR4. I also know quinton cars in Bradford, nice chap !!! been up there a few times. a lttle off the beaten track, which slightly put me off at first, but a very knowledgable guy. he had 2 legnums in when I last went around 6 months ago, but they were both manual. :Cry1: I did think his prices were a little high though. they were both P reg, in silver, with around 40K on the clock. one was £10K, & the other £10 1/2 K. :Ponder: I bought mine from an importer in Sheffield for £7200. there's a few pics of mine somewhere on this site ????