PDA

View Full Version : Tyres on your >=8 inchers

pezza
16-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Following on from the end of THIS THREAD (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10016) Has anyone with 8inch wide wheels (or more) or 235 tyres noticed any uneven tyre wear? especially at the fronts on the inside edges? :thinking:

If so, is your car on standard or uprated suspension?

Cheers

bernmc
16-02-2006, 05:22 PM
sounds like you might have too much toe-out, pez. Have you had a decent 4 wheel alignment done? (I mean the proer mitsi/xtreme 1 hour job).

I had xs wear on the inside fronts of my Jag, and this was due to the bushes wearing - £800 quid repair bill, and I went through a set a year, bloody Ford crap! Guess it was that dirty great supercharged 4 litre lump hanging over them, and me trying to drive it like it was my old P1!

Nick Mann
16-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I put most of my findings on the thread you have referred to. Since the tracking was re-altered the problem is much better, but it is still there. I have phoned my mitsy garage a few weeks ago about recalls, but as yet have not had a reply. It may be time for a little reminder!

pezza
16-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I put most of my findings on the thread you have referred to. Since the tracking was re-altered the problem is much better, but it is still there. I have phoned my mitsy garage a few weeks ago about recalls, but as yet have not had a reply. It may be time for a little reminder!

Nick I got a whole load of steaming manure of an answer from my local mitsu dealer...in fact that happened to be the same dealer who then did the recall work once mitsu UK got onto them :happy: ... I would try mitsu UK in cirencester, they will try finding out direct from japan..

pezza
16-02-2006, 06:23 PM
What I forgot to add in my first post /dunce is that my wearing issues have dramatically reduced since getting lower arms done in the recall work along with 4 wheel alignment after putting on new tyres...

I still have some poly bushes sat in a box ready to go but I may just do the suspension related bushes now....

OSiRiS
16-02-2006, 08:41 PM
I've got 8" wide on 215 Eagle F1's and they seem to be fine when I last checked. Will have another check later today :)

OSiRiS
16-02-2006, 08:42 PM
And yes, I do like my rubber stretched ;)

Wodjno
16-02-2006, 08:49 PM
It could just be in need of a Tracking. As when i first got my VR4 it had standard wheels and tyres on, i noticed that there was considerable wear on the inside edges at a 45 degree angle/dead flat and about 15mm across. This was on the front and rears. Rears wear worse than the fronts. This concerned me alot as i had a set of Brand Spanking New 18's with Tyres on Order. Once they were fitted i had them balanced and tracked. I kept an eye on them and to this day i haven't had any sign of uneven wear. These tyres have now been on my car since the week after Silverstone Trax ( 2004). :2thumbsup

pezza
16-02-2006, 09:07 PM

These tyres have now been on my car since the week after Silverstone Trax ( 2004). :2thumbsup

Err... and the way you drive? :speechles

Wodjno
16-02-2006, 09:10 PM
/pan
Err... and the way you drive? :speechles

The VR4 is just a Wonderous perfectly balanced car.. :iloveyou: I have never, ever had tyres on a car as long as this. :thinking:
It helps if you take the right line through the corners to /pan

EDIT:::: Lets see how long the Avons last though

pezza
16-02-2006, 09:10 PM
And yes, I do like my rubber stretched ;)

Hmm ok :D

Is that to give it the ultra ultra low profile look??

What pressure do you inflate to... *keep your mind on the tyres now* Am surprised the tyres havent rolled off the rims on hard cornering :inquisiti

Wodjno
16-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Stretching rubber on the Wheels i thought was a way of stopping them rolling off as there is less side wall movement, if any :thinking:

OSiRiS
16-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Hmm ok :D

Is that to give it the ultra ultra low profile look??

What pressure do you inflate to... *keep your mind on the tyres now* Am surprised the tyres havent rolled off the rims on hard cornering :inquisiti

Yup it does ;) ;) ;)

Inflate to the normal pressure I'd say, around 35psi? I have no idea, I've completely forgotten what the tyre shop told me now come to think of it LOL.

I'll put a pic up later on tonight if I remember showing how much they are stretched by ;)