PDA

View Full Version : Taken from ghanda's CVR4 Garage...

Kieran
17-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Re-built with adjusted compressor wheel geometry by Turbo Dynamics

Can you provide more details? Were the turbos starting to puke oil or anything? What effect do the compressor tweaks have, and how much did they cost?

Kieran
03-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Bump!

Did you miss this one Gary?

ghanda
03-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Obviously did!
Sorry matey.

Car's off the road at the moment - I went to India for a week so I thought I'd kill several birds with one Stone:

The brembos have been compeltely re-built and re-painted. Except Porsche ran out of Strike plates, so I'm hoping to get them back this week...exactly a Month after sending them off /Grrr

There was a slight Oil leak coming from behind the filter - turns out the gasket was a Japan-order jobbie and took 2 weeks to turn up /Grrr

The plan was to send the Turbos down to Peter at Turbo Dynamics to fettle, but this will now be delayed for a while - still on my to-do list though!

Just ordered an EIDS, so that along with the FPR and Fuel Pump to be fitted this week and she's back on the road as soon as.

Next week, the Profec is going on followed by the Unichip at the end of the month. The investigation of the Turbos will now probably get done when I next go on Holiday!

Kieran
30-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Any further developments on this one Gary? I need to start thinking about turbos pretty soon I feel.......:inquisiti